Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend In My Spare Time Role Model's Avatar

Default Official WrestleMania XXX Discussion Thread - 4/6/2013

5 DAYS AWAY

Mardi Gras isn't the only party that'll have Bourbon Street packed this year. The time has arrived. The road to the Show of Shows makes its final stop and will "Let The Good Times Roll" in the Big Easy as The Grandaddy of Them All, WrestleMania XXX, takes place, on Sunday, April 6th at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Theme Song

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Card

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Randy Orton vs. Batista

The Streak On The Line Against The Beast
    The Undertaker (21-0) vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
    *Winner gets entered into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match*

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

The Andre the Giant Memorial 30-Superstar Battle Royal
    Participants
    Intercontinental Champion Big E
    Dolph Ziggler
    Fandango
    Alberto Del Rio
    Damien Sandow
    Titus O'Neil
    Christian
    Sheamus
    Big Show
    Mark Henry
    Heath Slater
    Jinder Mahal
    Drew McIntyre
    Cody Rhodes
    Goldust
    Kofi Kingston
    The Miz
    Brodus Clay
    Darren Young
    Justin Gabriel
    Rey Mysterio
    R-Truth
    Santino Marella
    The Great Khali
    Zack Ryder
    Sin Cara
    Brad Maddox

6-Man Tag Team Grudge Match
    The Shield vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational
    AJ Lee vs. Naomi vs. Emma vs. Brie Bella vs. Aksana vs. Eva Marie vs. Tamina vs. Rosa Mendes vs. Summer Rae vs. Natalya vs. Alicia Fox vs. Nikki Bella vs. Layla vs. Cameron

Join us here on UOW for Live Coverage! http://www.uowforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80
    Last edited by Role Model; 04-02-2014 at 02:53 AM. Reason: .

It was announced on WWE RAW that Daniel Bryan will face Triple H at WrestleMania XXX.

If Bryan wins the match, he gets added to the WWE World Heavyweight Title match, making it Bryan vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton in the main event of WrestleMania XXX.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Model View Post
    It was announced on WWE RAW that Daniel Bryan will face Triple H at WrestleMania XXX.

If Bryan wins the match, he gets added to the WWE World Heavyweight Title match, making it Bryan vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton in the main event of WrestleMania XXX.
    :yes:

Can't wait. I seriously hope they have taker vs lesnar then db vs hhh then the title match. Would be so awesome to watch him do both matches back to back and hold both belts to end the night.

They did it. Actually really into all of these matches this year. Looking to be pretty memorable

:yes:

thanks LG for the shield sig

This Monday shaped things up better for WM I will now be buying the network before to watch this live and not have to worry about some stream breaking or lagging etc. I'm really excited about the Andre memorial battle royal I hope Big E wins, and of course hope Bryan walks out with the gold because I can't stand to see Orton anymore, and Batista winning wouldn't be the absolute worst.

Also would be epic if Taker/Lesnar was a buried alive and Taker would bury both of them in the same hole!
    Last edited by Role Model; 03-12-2014 at 07:21 AM.

This Monday shaped things up better for WM I will now be buying the network before to watch this live and not have to worry about some stream breaking or lagging etc. I'm really excited about the Andre memorial battle royal I hope Big E wins, and of course hope Bryan walks out with the gold because I can't stand to see Orton anymore, and Batista winning wouldn't be the absolute worst.

Also with Taker/Lesnar was a buried alive and Taker would bury both of them in the same hole!
    omg buried alive would be too epic. But I'm right with you man I was hesitant but they get my money for it for sure for that awesome raw. I was going to anyway just had second thoughts really but it feels better this way.

thanks LG for the shield sig

Ring Crew

I love watching Wrestlemania. Granted I have only seen a couple in my lifetime, I always look forward to them. And this year is no different. Now I know none of you know who I am, but I usually like to break down the matches and give my honest opinion and analysis of the matches prior to the events. I do not read dirt sheets and I never give spoilers, these are just my own opinions and assessments. Hope you guys enjoy this breakdown from my eyes.

Opening Match: The Andre the Giant Memorial 30-Superstar Battle Royal

Participants (Confirmed):
    Ryback
    Curtis Axel
    Big E
    Kofi Kingston
    Damien Sandow
    Dolph Ziggler

Participants (My guesses):
    Eric Rowan
    Luke Harper
    Diego
    Fernando
    Fandango
    Big Show
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins
    Dean Ambrose
    Antonio Cesaro
    Jack Swagger
    Heath Slater
    Jindar Mahal
    Drew McIntyre
    Sheamus
    The Great Khali
    Cody Rhodes
    Goldust
    Tyson Kidd
    Darren Young
    Titus O'Neil
    Alexander Rusev
    Alberto Del Rio
    Christian

First off, I would like to say this is a great match idea. Honoring Andre like this is just...it's awesome. Now the first six names confirmed in the match plus the twenty four guesses I put down would make for one hell of a match. With those thirty names it would be so unpredictable due to everyone's key strengths and weaknesses leading up to Mania. Examples: Who is stronger? Big E or Cesaro? Or will Cesaro and Swagger work well together in this match if put in it? Questions like that arise daily and I personally feel are strong enough to warrant thought.

Winner: Cesaro or Big E.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

I am not a Cena fan. I just feel he is crammed down my throat too much these days. Yeah he was good to watch back when his gimmick was fresh and new, but now it's more stale than day old pizza. Bray on the other hand is new. It's different. To me Bray Wyatt is a mix of Undertaker (Ministry days) and Jake Roberts. He has a silver tongue and good mic skills and his in ring abilities have gotten better from what I have seen. But the big factor (no pun intended) is whether or not Harper and Rowan will make an appearance? honestly I do not think so due to my prediction they will enter the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Plus with the way Bray "reacted" after Rowan losing on RAW, I expect this to be made more of a personal match than a professional one.

Winner: Bray Wyatt

Daniel Bryan vs HHH

This match has been building for months now and it culminates at XXX. So who will win? Obviously HHH has the strength and experience factors for him whereas Bryan has youth and speed to combat HHH strengths. Honestly this match is going to be amazing IF HHH is still in good enough ring shape. With his age nagging him and previous injuries, I do not see the Game going a full twenty minute five star match with Bryan.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

The Streak vs The Beast

Brock Lesnar is a walking hurricane. The man has had some of the most dominant matches in WWE history and with the moniker of the "Beast", it justly fits his persona. But than again this is Wrestlemania. This is Undertaker's backyard. At 21-0 nobody will ever come close to being as dominating as Taker at any WWE event. But the big question here is how much longer can he endure? Like HHH, Taker is plagued by injuries. Everybody knows this. But as a loyal Undertaker fan I want to see the streak continue until he retires (which is hopefully after this Mania). Yes Lesnar has the tools to beat Taker any day of the week, but Lesnar has never faced a man with as much strength at any PPV as Taker with Mania.

Winner: Undertaker

The Main Event: WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Randy Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan

Honestly this is the most hyped match this year in my opinion. With Batista coming back earlier this year, everyone knew he was going to win the Rumble. With Orton's recent actions (attacking Cena's father, etc) it looks as though WWE is making a new face for the company. Enter Daniel Bryan. Personally I think this push he is getting with air time is HHH and Stephanie's way of grooming him for the spotlight. Everybody wants to see it and everybody wants it.

A little sidenote: I forget which Mainia it was, but Ted DiBiase pulled triple duty wrestling three times culminating in a Main Event match against Randy Savage (not 100% positive). If anyone can do it again it is Daniel Bryan.

Winner and New WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Daniel Bryan

This is a small card as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see either on the preview show a Divas title match or the US title being defended.

Hope you all enjoyed reading this. Please feel free to add your comments if you agree or disagree.
    Last edited by Irish Curse; 03-12-2014 at 09:12 PM.

I think this card is shaping up good despite really no buildup until after EC, but WWE is rolling right now and should be given some credit. I was thinking will Bryan go clean over HHH? I was thinking maybe him getting screwed to have Vince or Hogan personally add him so they can end the show with the whole place screaming YES! I just think Bryan is defiantly going over somehow.
    Last edited by Role Model; 03-15-2014 at 05:56 AM.

I think this card is shaping up good despite really no buildup until after EC, but WWE is rolling right now and should be given some credit. I was thinking will Bryan go clean over HHH? I was thinking maybe him getting screwed to have Vince or Hogan personally add him so they can end the show with the whole place screaming YES! I just think Bryan is defiantly going over somehow.
    If for some reason they don't break up the Shield, I could definitely see them interfering in Bryan's favor if HHH tries some dirty tactics.

Updated List of WWE's HOF 2014:

The night before WrestleMania, a new class of legends will be enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame Saturday night, April 5th across the street from the Superdome at New Orleans Arena and, for the first time ever, will be streamed live in its entirety on the WWE Network.

The WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2014

The Ultimate Warrior

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Lita

Paul Bearer

Carlos Colon

Mr. T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast