Following his New Year’s eve victory over Dolph Ziggler, Roman Reigns joined special guest ring announcer Maria Menounos backstage. Together, they looked back on the year, with Reigns reflecting on his 2019.

“It’s just been such an amazing year. A bit of a rollercoaster ride. It was just really nice to see the positivity of the world still. Like within this year. If you follow WWE and what we do… [it’s a] bit polarizing. Everybody just dropped that motive, that intention and just helped out Joe. Helped me out, picked me up, let me know that there’s a huge security blanket around me and it’s allowed me to heal and just get back to work and make my life normal again.”

When asked about his goals for the year ahead, Reigns spoke about maintaining his health and ensuring he enjoys the little moments. He also noted how he wants to work hard and help others take it to the next level.

Closing out his thoughts on 2019, Reigns turned his attention to the WWE Universe. He thanked the fans, noting how his “life wouldn’t be the way it is without you guys.”

“There’s a lot of people for me to thank. Countless people back here, but when it comes down to it, the fans that pay their hard-earned money, take the time out of their busy schedules… If it’s not for you guys, the most passionate fanbase in the whole world, the WWE Universe, I wouldn’t be in the position that I am now. I wouldn’t be the man that I am now I wouldn’t be the provider that I am, so it’s just a lifelong of thank yous that I owe you and I’ll never stop.”

Reigns stressed how grateful he was to the fans and to WWE, reiterating his passion for the wrestling industry. He noted how, even when he’s being the “tough guy Roman Reigns” he is always counting his blessings to be able to wrestle and be in the position he is in, both in and out of the ring.