South African Shaun Pollock has no desire to play cricket anymore and has quit Indian Premier League's Mumbai Indians.

The former South African all-rounder said: "I have reached a stage where I think I have played enough cricket."

Pollock's contract with Mumbai Indians was only for one year and officials are now trying to make him change his mind.

"My contract with the Mumbai Indians was for one year and I was very happy with the way things went. I enjoyed every bit of the IPL experience but I want to stop playing now. But I will come back in some capacity," he was quoted as saying by 'Cricinfo'.

Pollock, who led the team in the first half of the tournament after Tendulkar got injured and Harbhajan Singh was banned, scored 147 runs in eight innings at a strike-rate of 132.43 and took 11 wickets in 13 matches at an economy-rate of 6.54.

However, Mumbai Indians have still not given up hope on persuading Pollock to play for them next year.

"We are in talks with him. We understand his position but we are positive we will be able to convince him to reconsider," a Mumbai Indians' spokesperson said.