Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Ted Dibiase get pushed so hard now after acting comments?

Should Ted Dibiase get pushed so hard after he has said that he is more interested in acting than wrestling. He has also said he plans to leave wrestling to pursue an acting career I beleve.

I understand his father is going into the HOF and they want to show his son at WM but after someone makes those kind of comments, why push the guy so hard?

That's a very good point. I didn't read about him saying that, but if it's true I wouldn't do anything to serious with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    That's a very good point. I didn't read about him saying that, but if it's true I wouldn't do anything to serious with him.
    Oh its true, its damn true ... I guess it is possible WWE admin had a chat to him about this.

thats gay hes got talent

What exactly did he say anyway? I heard about it, but I didn't see the quote.

I say push him harder. Think about the Rock. If a wrestler breaks through into the main stream, that is huge publicity for WWE. When the Rock comes back this summer, ratings will be through the roof. If they push Dibiase the wrestler to the main event and get him time to develop for his acting career through WWE movies and the like, Dibiase the man will be eternally greatful and would absolutely come back every so often (as the Rock does, although it's rare) to give ratings boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

I concur with Tommy. They should allow him to progress as far as he can on his talent. They shouldn't punish the guy for having other dreams for the future, but rather use it to expand their own business.

A good heavy book holds you down. It's an anchor that keeps you from getting up and having another gin and tonic.

-Roy Blount Jr.

Ring Crew

I agree. Push the guy! He's talented! They need all the talented new guys they can get!

I guess it all depends when he plans to leave to pursue his acting .... I don't understand why he would not stay and try to egt involved in the WWE movies,a lthough I have not heard anything lately about this so all might have changed.

My thoughts are this... perhaps WWE is pushing him to try and persuade him to stay in wrestling. They obviously know he is talented, that he can be a big star if they stay with him. That being said, it would be their loss to push him away into the acting business. Not to mention his father is probably influencing him to stay with WWE, seeing the potential. I can see Ted enjoying acting, but I agree with LD in that he should work with WWE to get movies roles. It's a win-win situation for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast