Azteca Underground is a faction in MLW but is also set to have its own show. Plans are in place to begin filming episodes of what will be something of an MLW spin-off project that will resemble Lucha Underground. Plans for the show were addressed recently in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“They will also be taping content in Los Angeles for Azteca Underground and try and make it look like Lucha Underground,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “The plan is to start the Azteca Underground filming of matches in the fall and doing vignettes during the summer.”

Yes, yes, you can thank ME for ensuring you get the best lucha and violence in the entire world! Wrestling was soooo boring. But now you have @AZTECALucha and you have King Muertes! What could be better? Wait, I know. But I’m not going to share quite yet!!!!

— Cesar Duran (@RealCesarDuran) June 3, 2021

It was also noted that some filming for the show will take place today in Los Angeles.

“They are doing some filming with Luis Fernandez-Gil (Cesar Duran, better known as Dario Cueto in Lucha Underground) on 6/18 in Los Angeles,” Meltzer continued.

Cesar Duran has also been announced as appearing in the 2300 Arena for the upcoming MLW Battle Riot event.

Yes, @AramisLuchador is coming to @MLW but he belongs to the house of @AztecaLucha!! #Facts

— Cesar Duran (@RealCesarDuran) June 4, 2021

It was also noted that MLW has opted out of its agreement with DAZN. The deal had once included a plan for live specials. The promotion has also announced they will be in Dallas for an event in September. on the 11th The Von Erichs will likely be featured prominently on that show.

Round 5 of the MLW Draft also took place last night. TJP and the tag-team of Violence Is Forever (Kevin Ku & Dominic Garrini) were confirmed as returning for the next season.