We’ve noted that John Cena is doing an overseas tour to promote his new animated film, Ferdinand. “The Leader Of The Cenation” appeared on Good Morning Britain this morning and was asked about his proposal to his longtime girlfriend, Nikki Bella. Cena proposed to Bella following their WrestleMania 33 win over The Miz and Maryse in Mixed Tag Team action.

It’s been well documented that Cena was on the fence about getting married again after his first divorce back in 2012. His reluctance to remarry has been a key featured topic on E!’s Total Divas:

“She said yes,” Cena said. “I was extremely nervous, because the audience controls our program, and this was in a match with 75,000 people. You just get to the point where you think ‘man this is a good idea’, but then you’re like, ‘what if they start chanting ‘no! no! no!’.”

They showed a clip of the proposal and Piers Morgan pointed out Cena was actually getting a little emotional while watching:

“It’s the best moment of my life, and I couldn’t think of a better place to do it,” Cena stated. “The WWE has been my family for the past 15 years… we have such a strong connection to our audience. The crazy thing about that moment was that I was in a match, before that, and if you watch the match back, the audience hated me. But it’s such a show of respect that once the performance was over, they realize that this is a moment we are both going to remember for all of our lives.”

When Morgan asked how Cena would have reacted if Bella said no, Cena responded with a laugh, “I kind of put her in an environment where she couldn’t say no.”