WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle is set to wrestle his final match against Baron Corbin next weekend at WrestleMania.

Angle has been on a “retirement” tour in recent weeks, competing against the likes of Chad Gable, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. The Olympic Gold medalist posted a few messages on social media on Thursday as his career winds down.

He wrote on Facebook, “WrestleMania is around the corner. My very last match. I know its not the old Kurt Angle everyone has wanted, but I’m proud knowing its the new Kurt Angle thats been clean for almost 6 years. Thank you to all those who have been supporting me through the good and bad. I love you all. #RetirementMatch #itstrue #countdown.”

Later in the day, he wrote on Instagram, “20 years ago I made my debut on Raw, preaching the 3 Is’, intensity, integrity and intelligence. Next week at Wrestlemania, I will have my final match. #farewelltour #itstrue”

Both posts featured a barrage of replies urging Angle to reconsider his chosen opponent. The overwhelming consensus is that Angle should face John Cena at WrestleMania instead of Corbin. Cena made his WWE television debut against Kurt Angle back in 2002, so it would be a fitting end to Angle’s legendary career.

The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter mentioned the dynamic of Kurt Angle being John Cena’s first WWE opponent and the possibility of Cena being Angle’s final opponent:

“There is the book-end idea of Cena having had his first WWE television match with Angle and Angle having his last match with Cena, but as of 3/25 that was not the plan.”

John Cena has made several posts on his Instagram page over the past few weeks, including a photo of a fan holding a sign that says, “Baron Corbin is a dumpster fire.”

WWE has yet to announce a WrestleMania match for John Cena, despite the fact that his featured on promotional material for the event.