RVD is currently under contract with Impact Wrestling and so it was a surprise for everyone when he made an appearance during the recent Raw Reunion special.

During a recent interview, Van Dam talked about a number of things including his current Impact run, being respected in the Impact locker room and more.

While discussing his appearance at the Reunion special, the former WWE Star revealed that he got written permission from Impact Officials for the same:

“They gave me written permission to do it and they just said they were curious about it. I could only imagine that they probably thought it was cool, Scott D’Amore is the guy I deal with – he’s the one that hired me. He said before that anything that helps you helps us. So I think that’s the attitude there.”

RVD also compared his last Impact run from 2010 to 2013 to his current tenure with the company and explained the difference between the backstage environment.

Per the former Champion, last time it felt like everyone in the dressing room was competing with him because he was making more money but this time around everyone is very cool.

Apart from this, Rob Van Dam also talked about working abroad during his independent run before joining Impact Wrestling and more.