Big E, who has been on the sidelines since March 2022 due to a broken neck, recently provided an update on his health and his time away from the wrestling ring.

In an interview with Steve Fall for Ten Count, Big E shared that he's currently in a good place in his recovery, expressing gratitude for avoiding more severe complications.

He said that his muscular neck played a big role in preventing potential issues like stroke or paralysis. Despite the challenges he faced, Big E affirmed that he feels incredible and is thankful for his improved health.

Discussing the transition from his demanding WWE schedule to a more relaxed routine, Big E acknowledged the changes in his daily life. Having spent over a decade with the company, he highlighted the stark shift from a constant "hamster wheel" of live events to having free weekends. Big E revealed that while he wouldn't have wished for his injury, it has opened up opportunities for him to appreciate life from different perspectives.

On concerns about being forgotten during his absence, Big E thanked fans for their support: “Honestly, I am surprised. With kids too, I would think if you're 5–6 years old, I have been out for a year and a half, there's a good chance you might have never seen me wrestle, or maybe you just don't remember me. So you always think with what we do, and just in entertainment in general and sports, the machine keeps going. There are new athletes, new talent who come in and out, but the wheel will keep running. That’s something that we all know, and you have to prepare yourself for. But it’s really been humbling after a year and a half, people still asking about me and they want me to return. It’s been cool to see people haven’t forgotten, so thank you for not forgetting.”

Reflecting on his time away from WWE, Big E also shared thoughts about his fellow New Day member Xavier Woods and his singles aspirations. Big E expressed admiration for Woods' talents and noted that, in his view, Woods remains an underrated performer on the roster:

“He's still so incredible, and so worthy and deserving. I always want the best things for both of my partners. Woods is definitely a guy I'd love to see get a real run at a singles title. I know he's been talking about the IC Title as of late, and going from there. I'd love to see him become a World Champion. He's deserving.”