Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Kurt Angle Reveals Conversation With Vince McMahon Before First WWE Promo

Kurt Angle has had a very unique pro wrestling career. Unlike other wrestlers, Angle didn't get a lot of chance to prepare for the world of wrestling. He had very limited experience in the ring before making his debut for WWE, yet he picked up the businesses better than most veterans. He will go on to become one of the most successful pro wrestlers of all time, inspiring many other athletes to join the industry.

One of the talents that helped the Olympic Gold Medalist find success in the business are his mic skills. Though according to the Hall of Famer himself, the art of cutting a promo was something he wasn't well prepared for when joining the business and he had to learn it on the fly.

The wrestling veteran recently had an interview with Chris Van Vliet. They talked about Angle's mic skills and his comic timing. Kurt Angle revealed that it wasn't something he had a lot of practice with, and noted how nobody thought of teaching him that before his debut:

"I don't know how I did it. I was never a funny person. Actually, I was never a talker. When I started in WWE, nobody trained me to learn how to cut a promo. Now they have NXT and they have the amenities to do that. But back then, it was sink or swim."

Kurt Angle then revealed a conversation he had with Vince McMahon before his first promo. According to Angle, the boss told him that he was going to sink or swim:

"Vince actually told me that the first night on the air. He said 'I want you to cut this promo. This is what I want you to say. Sink or swim.' He said something for five minutes straight. He's telling me what he wants me to say and I'm not listening because I'm like, 'Holy crap. This is a really long promo.'

When he got done, I said, 'Vince, I'm sorry, but I didn't hear a word you said. Can you repeat it?' He said 'I'll repeat it one more time. But you gotta go out there and if you don't succeed, you're gonna sink. You're done. If you do it fairly well, or well, then you will swim. You won't drown.' That's what he said"

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

lol Vince got right to the point saying that before he went out. .