Gunther isn't sure if a Brock Lesnar match is in the cards for him anymore.

There were strong rumors before WrestleMania 40 that The Ring General was on his way to face The Beast Incarnate in a big showdown at the Grandest Stage of Them All. The company had planned to build this rivalry up starting at the 2024 Royal Rumble.

All plans for the former Universal Champion, however, were scrapped by the creative team when Lesnar was linked to the Vince McMahon sex trafficking lawsuit.

The former IC Champion addressed the rumors about his planned match with Lesnar at WrestleMania in an interview with DailyMail. Gunther claimed that he also heard something about it:

"Of course, I heard something about it, I always saw Brock as my final boss."

The Ring General explained that he has always been presented as the final boss in different phases of his WWE career, whether it be his run as the UK Champion or the most recent IC title reign. Brock Lesnar similarly was the final boss of the whole WWE for a long time. To reach the position the former UFC champion was in, the Austrian star has to get in the ring with him.

Gunther also discussed the potential of a future showdown between the two. He noted that he is not informed about the current status of Brock with the company, but he is more than ready for something like that if it comes his way:

"We'll see if there's a chance for it to happen again. I'm more than up for it. How the situation is exactly right now, I'm really not that informed about it, to be honest. I think we had that one face off in the Royal Rumble, the reaction that was there and that was a confirmation for me."

Triple H confirmed during the post-WrestleMania 40 press conference that Brock Lesnar was not done with the company and was just resting at home.

Considering the gravity of the accusations against Vince McMahon, it's very much possible that we may never see Brock Lesnar on WWE TV again if he gets implicated in the proceedings of the case in any way.

Though the company is certainly keeping their options open by not completely cutting ties with Brock the same way they have done with the former chairman of the boards. So there is a distinct possibility that he could return to act as 'The Final Boss' for Gunther down the line.