Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrestling Fake?

Ring Crew

What false hopes am I clinging too Assassin? So you are saying that everything that happens in that ring is fake, that all the chops and kicks, never connect. That some of the injuries suffered by the wrestlers are fake. I have said the the storylines and gimmicks are there for pure entertainment value and that the results are predetermined, but I can't concede that everything is fake because it is not

Quote Originally Posted by likatiga
    So you are saying that everything that happens in that ring is fake
    That is exactly what I am saying. Except for accidents, it is all fake.

It is because of people like you that WWE is so successful. While you watch your TV screen in amazement of how real everything looks, thinking to yourself, "Oh man! That powerbomb had to hurt. You could see HBK's head bounce right off the mat!", you never stop and realize that these wrestlers are regular people. When injuries happen, it doesn't mean wrestling is real, it means the wrestlers are human. They don't have super-human strength, but they are finely trained athletes who have a great threshold for pain. They are not magicians, but they do perform illusions. They are not anything more than musicians, movie stars, or other average entertainers. You can't believe that every lyric of your favorite band's new single is their true feelings about life. You are smart enough to know that when your favorite actor comes out with a new movie, he is not actually the character you see on at the movie theater. When listening to music, watching moves, or watching pro-wrestling, we know we are supposed to suspend our disbelief, but some people, like you likatiga, have permanently expelled it. Just agreeing that the storylines are scripted isn't nearly enough. All of wrestling is fake, but some people have eternal doubts. It is in that little bit of doubt in your head where WWE makes most of their cash. They just can't wait to sell you this stuff.

Ring Crew

For your information assassin I barely watch wrestling now, infact I am that busy I probably see it maybe twice a month. However I have been watching pro wrestling for 20 years, and was involved with a small wrestling organization here in Australia. So don't tell me that aspects of it is not real, as I have come home with cuts and bruises all over my body from being beaten up by some guy who wants to look good in front for 20- 50 people. You may seat back on your fat ass in your reclined armchair commenting on how much that superkick missed his face or if he had of landed that in real life the guy would be dead. I have seen things first hand, and although it might not be the WWE or TNA (by a long long way) I have seen guys front teeth knocked right out, noses smashed over a guys face and I guy who had a compound fracture of his leg that bad he had his shin bone pertruding out of his skin just above the ankle. So like I have said previously, the strylines are for entertainment value, the results are predetermined, but some of the action is real. Trust me on that.

Jobber

We don't want this turning into an arguement thread, do we...!??!

Anyways, when I first started watching wrestling (when I was 9), I found it odd that the wrestlers stamped their foot everytime they punched.... I pretty much picked up that it was 'fake' straight away. I just found it so darn entertaining! I watch most federations of wrestling and (foolishly) myself and my fellow wrestling addicts have 'mess-about' matches. I just find the 'sport' (for lack of a better term) that good...

Yes, those guys have an enormous threshold for pain, yes they are expertly trained athletes and yes every major spot and every aspect of the match is planned..... but I personally wouldnt like to have Samoa Joe hurling himself through the ropes at the spped of light on top of me.... the tacks wouldnt appeal much to me either...

For your information assassin I barely watch wrestling now, infact I am that busy I probably see it maybe twice a month. However I have been watching pro wrestling for 20 years, and was involved with a small wrestling organization here in Australia.
    That really has nothing to do with this thread. However much you watch wrestling doesn't make it real.
    So don't tell me that aspects of it is not real,
    Check the title of this thread.
    as I have come home with cuts and bruises all over my body from being beaten up by some guy who wants to look good in front for 20- 50 people.
    By trying to argue, you're only proving me right. When I said wrestlers are human, not only does that mean that they fuck up on a regular basis, but they also do some dishonest things backstage and in the ring.
    You may seat back on your fat ass in your reclined armchair commenting on how much that superkick missed his face or if he had of landed that in real life the guy would be dead.
    Well aren't you a hypocrite. You tried to expose the fact that I didn't know anything about you, but then you go on idiotically babbling on about me and what I look like. You are competely ignorant to my experience in the pro wrestling industry, but obviously being correct and accurate with your speech isn't that imortant to you. I really couldn't care less if you're wrong. I won't waste my time and effort trying to convince you otherwise. If I may quote Mick Foley, "You obviously care a lot more about me than I do about you."
    I have seen things first hand, and although it might not be the WWE or TNA (by a long long way) I have seen guys front teeth knocked right out, noses smashed over a guys face and I guy who had a compound fracture of his leg that bad he had his shin bone pertruding out of his skin just above the ankle. So like I have said previously, the strylines are for entertainment value, the results are predetermined, but some of the action is real. Trust me on that.
    Why the hell should I trust you? I don't know you. I have a fully functional brain of my own that is capable of forming it's own thoughts and opinions. I'm not going to just blindly believe anything you say. The reason I couldn't care less about you or what you've done in a wrestling ring is because it is totally impertinent to this topic.
    Last edited by Assassin™; 04-17-2006 at 07:53 PM.

wrestling is fake, but it is entertaining, we dont care if it is really fake at least we are having fun of what they are doing, sometimes they get injured by accidents but it is really fake.
    vvv My first wrestler i took in LOW

^I wish this debate could be settled by a post that simple and true. Some people just don't get logic.

Agreed. Wrestling=Fake. Moves=Fake. Injuries happen. Some wrestler put themselves in danger's way for entertainment but that is only a VERY select few. But for the people who look down on people who watch wrestling because it is fake are just hiprocrit's. They are the same people who go home and watch cartoons that have no truth what-so-ever. 'Or go see a horror movie that is just as fake. But in the WWE it is the same way except. There is no stunt doubles. When they do stunts they know accidents can happen. So, are wrestling better than actors? Most of them. They are pretty much actors that do their own stunts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123