Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

Muzi the assinine comment wasn't meant to offend, I just mean that when you make assertions that aren't very well defined you leave it open to many interpretations, what you said should have been translated in a much different way. Either way I should have probably left that line out...just typing out a response quickly sometimes terms fly that should be revised.

But you say let the most talented guy get a chance to shine and I say Cena is the most talented, he's the most talented in getting a reaction, selling merch, selling tickets, moving storylines, affecting the average fan, need I go on?

If you mean let Chavo get more time to shine I say go watch him back in 04-06 and see that he wasn't that great and you can blame it on WWE "limiting" its superstars but I have seen Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, Morison, and Hardy utilize the type of stuff that is supposedly limited and utilize it to great success...I will also say ditto to Shelton Benjamin.

If you mean letting motivated guys with a proven track record and huge fan following get a chance, like for instance CM Punk, Matt Hardy, and Christian I'll say heck yeah. Those are guys who have proven abilities and have been short changed in WWE. They are proven cash cows and yet are limited (CM Punk to a much lesser extent)

Aside from a few ECW title reigns what has been done with Christian and Matt Hardy? Both guys who can work a very interesting match, get the crowd involved, have proven to be interested in moving up higher in WWE, have continuously sold lots of merch, and have a legit fanbase outside of the IWC. Those are guys I will agree with you on, not Chavo and Shelton.

A good heavy book holds you down. It's an anchor that keeps you from getting up and having another gin and tonic.

-Roy Blount Jr.

I watch ROH SM and i know most of the PWG talent, some Chikara but I don't watch much indy apart from that havent got the time

At my computer pissing the women of UOW off!

If the IWC controled the WWE they'd be out of business in 6 months.

There's a reason Vince McMahon owns a multi-billion dollar corporation, he knows how to work. You think Cena sucks, that's too bad because Vince McMahon has proved he doesn`t by making him a household name, like Hulk Hogan. There is nothing there that sucks, for Cena, Vince or all of Cena`s fans.

I'm glad a few of you are just marks, because it's painfully obvious you would not know how to properly run the WWE. Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kane and MVP would be the majority of your main eventers because they can wrestle, but newsflash, WWE is not about wrestling, it never has been. It's had it's fair share of wrestlers but it's an entertainment soap opera for men that has made Vince a shit ton of money.

So again I'm glad a lot of you, SmartMark or whatever your username is, don't control WWE because you'd fail at it, much like you do at arguing about why Cena sucks.

Hey Gunner what did that guy do to you?
    Today 12:42 AM] Gunner4Life: he screwed me

^^^Ouch...

But I have to agree with what he said... WWE is a billion dollar corporation because Vince has an eye for money-makers, and when he sees his cash cow he will make sure they get the attention they need. With the spotlight on guys like John Cena and others, the merchandise sells go through the roof and arenas sell out each week. It doesn't matter what people say about John Cena, but the fact of the matter is the guy sells shirts and puts butts in seats, so your stuck with him. He isn't Doink the Clown so think of how bad it would be to have a bad wrestler or a guy with terrible mic skills in the main event? Your lucky you have a guy like Cena to do his part and not turn his back on fans because of the loads of jerks that act bad towards him. He is a good guy, in and out of the ring. I think the issue with Cena haters isn't whether or not he can wrestle, but the fact that he is tremendously successful as a babyface and I think there are people out there that want to see a guy like him fail. He isn't, so it pisses them off. But each and every time I hear his ability in wrestling come up and have it questioned, I'm going to shrug that person off because I know they don't have anything to base their accusations on. Then I'm going to go back to cheering for Cena with the rest of the Cenation.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Rob View Post
    If the IWC controled the WWE they'd be out of business in 6 months.

There's a reason Vince McMahon owns a multi-billion dollar corporation, he knows how to work. You think Cena sucks, that's too bad because Vince McMahon has proved he doesn`t by making him a household name, like Hulk Hogan. There is nothing there that sucks, for Cena, Vince or all of Cena`s fans.

I'm glad a few of you are just marks, because it's painfully obvious you would not know how to properly run the WWE. Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kane and MVP would be the majority of your main eventers because they can wrestle, but newsflash, WWE is not about wrestling, it never has been. It's had it's fair share of wrestlers but it's an entertainment soap opera for men that has made Vince a shit ton of money.

So again I'm glad a lot of you, SmartMark or whatever your username is, don't control WWE because you'd fail at it, much like you do at arguing about why Cena sucks.
    Ehh....Vince doesn't base his company on wrestling at all. If you've ever watched a RAW episode, you will see that there is more talking than wrestling. The wrestling aint in focus at all. Vince has made a superman in Cena, a unstoppable force that appeals to kids and average wrestling viewers.
    In the mainstream companies, wrestling hasn't changed much since the 70's. That's because they don't base their companies on wrestling alone, but the soap opera element in doing big segments, storylines and segments. Have you ever seen ROH or PWG? Yes there is some storylines and segments there, but they don't do a whole show based on it.

^^^Very true sm

The issue is that Vince has gone soft with the wrestling because he hasn't had anyone to stick it to him. He is able to put out whatever he wants, and nobody can do anything about it, because short of boycotting the WWE, the fans can only bitch about it. Now that TNA is getting bigger, we see that the WWE is changing things a bit... so maybe Vince is preparing for TNA should they get a following going. It will take a while, but my problem is that the only competition the WWE will have is a company based on the same soap-opera show that we see on RAW and Smackdown now. Things won't get better until one of these companies switch their program to incorporate more wrestling time onto the shows. That, or someone needs to come from the back and start another promotion that bases itself on the wrestling talent. A little three-way competition would be great for the industry.

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

He's going to argue that ROH is that company.

I think in ring action is not focused on for TV because they are building to a PPV...the PPV is where the wrestling happens, everything else is a freebie to get you interested in buying the PPV.

A good heavy book holds you down. It's an anchor that keeps you from getting up and having another gin and tonic.

-Roy Blount Jr.

Ring Crew

Cena is the new hogan all style no substance yea he has improved but a turd is a turd ya cant polish it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123