Adam Cole

Height: 5’11″

Weight: 25 Stone

Hometown: (work) Limerick, Ireland – (shoot) Mooresville, NC

Trained by: Italian Strallion, Nelson Royal, Dory Funk, and extra training/seminar taught by Steve Corino, Rock & Roll Express, and Manny Fernandez

Promotions: I’ve wrestled in over 60 promotions in the SE United States. The most noteworthy of these has been Carolina Championship Wrestling, my home promotion and the NWA, where I’ve been a member since 2006 and a 4X Champion.

Q: When did you become a wrestling fan and how?

A: When I was about 3 years old. I’m from the Charlotte area, so I grew up on the Crockett NWA. But I think if i had to narrow it down to 1 or 2 matches that hooked me, I’d say 1) Flair VS Rhodes in the cage in Greensboro, NC, 2) Rhodes VS Blanchard in Charlotte, NC, and 3) Flair VS Mortin in a cage in Charlotte, NC.

Q: Where did you grow up?

A: I grew up in Mooresville, NC. It’s just north of Charlotte. It’s called “Race CityUSA”, basically, a lot of the Nascar drivers have their race shops here, and it’s the home of the Earnhardts.

Q: Who were your favorites growing up?

A: The Horsemen, Jimmy Valiant, Manny Fernandez, Nelson Royal, and of course, the man who made me say “This is what I want to do with my life.” Steve Corino.

Q: Did you attend wrestling shows when you were a kid?

A: My uncle was a manager in the Carolinas, “The Fabulous Mr. Franklin”, he worked for NWA Mid Atlantic, CCW, and several other promotions in the territory. He took me to my first ever live event, which was actually a CCW show in Concord, NC. The funny part, and what’s so great about this business, is that I now work for CCW and help train the young boys at our school.

Q: What is your favorite wrestling match?
A: In general, my favorite match has been Steve Corino VS Terry Funk at a MLW event in Ft Lauderdale, FL in a barbed-wire match. Now if it’s a match with ME involved, my favorites would have to be any whee I wrestle with or against my tag team partner AJ Macintyre, or my match in CCW where I tagged with Derik Free against Manny Fernandez and Willie Cjay Sr.

Q: What is your favorite event?

A: CCW shows, hands down. We all go out there and bust our asses for the crowd, the locker room has such a good atmosphere, and we’re all a big family. We’re like the old ECW in that way, and in the fact that there’s no egos here, our goal is to make the company better, everyone does extra work just hoe Dreamer and those guys did. Personally, I’m building our website from scratch and doing the AV work at shows, setting up monitors for the boys in the back, filming backstage vignettes, editing match videos for DVD/TV, etc.

Q: First impressions of the business when you were training?

A: It was an odd environment. The first locker room I was a part of was Italian Stallion’s PWF, based out of Charlotte. These guys were a Motley Crew if there ever was one. But you get used to the weirdness.

Q: How has life been on the Independent Scene?

A: It has its ups and downs. The main issues I have are that guys have too many egos. You’d think that they all main evented Wrestlemania the week before. It makes me sick. And the #1 problem with the business in a whole is Highspots.com… Anyone who can buy boots now can say they’re a wrestler, it makes me sick. They end up being dangerous, very unprofessional at events, matches are all spot-fests. And the worst of all is they work the shows for free, which causes issues because the promoters are trying to be as cheap as possible, so they’ll book workers for free instead of paying $50 or so to a legit trained worker. It’s nearly impossible to get good bookings unless you’ll work for free.

Q: Who are some of the notable names you have worked with?

A: Italian Stallion, Jimmy Snuka, Jimmy Valiant, Dory Funk, Missy Hyatt, Kevin Sullivan, Paul London, Osamu Nishimura, Rock & Roll Express, Bobby Eaton, JD Sullivan, Ron Killings, Manny Fernandez, Willie Clay, Kirby Mack, Steve Corino… I’ve worked with so many, it’s hard to remember them all, these are just the ones off the top of my head.

Q: Do you believe Kayfabe is dead?

A: A lot of places it is, but I try to keep it alive.

Q: Any TV/Media appearances:

A: I’ve been on TV since the start of my career. PWF, Funking Conservatory, NWA, AIWF, etc. Right now, we’re working on getting a TV spot for CCW to air in the Charlotte- Metro area.

Q: What are your future plans?

A: Well, on a personal level, my wife and I are wanting to sart a family. But professionally, I’m hoping to do some work with TNA. So, anyone there reading this, check out my videos on youtube and pass it along to Terry Taylor.

Q: When and where was your last match and what was the result?

A: I worked Saturday in Clemmons, NC for New Breed Wrestling. I was in a 3-Way Dance against my tag partner AJ Macintyre and a student fron the NWA Carolinas school named Jugga. Jugga won via pinfall when I “kilted” AJ, wo tripped and Jugga made the pinfall.

- Upcoming shows where you can see Adam Cole
November 27 CCW Salisbury, NC at the National Guard Armory
December 4 CCW Salisbury, NC at the National Guard Armory
December 11 CCW Concord, NC at Concord High School

If you want to check out Adam Cole’s matches you can watch them at his You Tube channel www.youtube.com/user/pcwpro

To learn more about Adam Cole please check him out on Facebook www.facebook.com/old/school/kid

Adam’s home promotion is Carolina Championship Wrestling. They have a wrestling school in Concord, NC, Adam Cole is one of the trainers and can be contacted for info on training on his facebook account. Adam would like to thank his sponsor www.sportkilt.com the OFFICIAL kilt maker of the Celtin Knights

Anyone looking interested in being interviewed for the Indy Focus can contact me at greenemachine3@gmail.com

GNET