Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Main Eventer

The ECW Vince has is NOT supposed to be a revival of the old ECW. His ECW is actually a good thing if people would stop looking at it as "a horrible revival of the old ECW". ECW is good because it lets all the people who would be ignored or not taken seriously on RAW or SD! get some air time and experience in live audiences and on TV. Where was Nitro on RAW? Jobbing and wrestling on Heat, but when he came to ECW where did he go and how much more popular and liked did he get? THe same will happen to Shelton Benjamin especially because he now has a chance to shine and not be jobbers to Cody Rhodes and Holly.

Now, back on topic... I know Cena is good for the business and he was a good champion(not wrestling wise IMO) but I still do not like him as champion because a champion is supposed to be able to do it all wrestle, talk and entertain. I admit I thought Orton would have done well seeing how he was doing before his title reign but now he's doing utter garbage. Will RAW ever have a good champion again? Yes...Y2J!

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    The ECW Vince has is NOT supposed to be a revival of the old ECW. His ECW is actually a good thing if people would stop looking at it as "a horrible revival of the old ECW".
    But that is the exact point. ECW should never be made into something new. ECW was about wrestlers tearing each other apart for no one but the fans. McMahon has just turned it into OVW. The new ECW was a big mistake. It has made a star of Nitro but he will just be moved to Raw and then buried again. Its a lose/lose for him. I think the only guy on ECW worth a look-in on Raw is CM Punk but no doubt he will get tired of not being pushed and leave to TNA.

I also think Jericho as WWE Champ would work really well. A long feud with Orton would be really great viewing imo.
    Raw Is Jericho again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

The new ECW wasn't a big mistake IMO. It is a good show and we wouldn't have seen Punk on TV and a few others if ECW wasn't made.

RIP JC

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Save_Us.Y2J View Post
    But that is the exact point. ECW should never be made into something new. ECW was about wrestlers tearing each other apart for no one but the fans. McMahon has just turned it into OVW. The new ECW was a big mistake. It has made a star of Nitro but he will just be moved to Raw and then buried again. Its a lose/lose for him. I think the only guy on ECW worth a look-in on Raw is CM Punk but no doubt he will get tired of not being pushed and leave to TNA.

I also think Jericho as WWE Champ would work really well. A long feud with Orton would be really great viewing imo.
    You don't get it. The current ECW is NOT supposed to be like the OLD ONE. It's just a WWE Brand right now and nothing more. The truth is, Vince brought it back temporarily like the old one with RVD etc. but after most of them left, it became something better to help new guys get some TV time and help hone their skills. The new ECW is NOT related to the old one, that's why it annoys me when people complain that the current one isn't like the old one. All it is now is a brand name and nothing more...

I agree with what EeL is saying the new ECW is more for the young guys witch is a good thing because u get to watch young wrestlers develop over time.

RIP JC

I understand what Vince sees for ECW and it is a good idea. It's just ECW stood for much more than that. You saw in the first One Night Stand ECW was about guys tearing each other apart for the fans not in the mindset of going out with the purpose of making money. At least give it a new name instead of ECW after all the Originals left like Sandman, Sabu and RVD. I mean, of all the roster left on ECW, is it just Dreamer that is the only original?
    Raw Is Jericho again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's Vince's company he will do as he wishes. If he changed the name, we wouldn't be talking about it as much. Since it's called ECW people will relate to it more.

RIP JC

Main Eventer

Yeah, they'd relate to it the wrong way complaining about how it's not like the old ECW.

Since Cena left RAW has got alot better because of this. There has been a change of pace since he left and it is new and exciting again. Plus I like that other people (i.e. Jeff Hardy) have had an oppertunity to shine.

Jeff Hardy was shining long before Cena left. There hasn't been a single person to step up and "shine" that wasn't doing so before Cena left, with the exception of Jericho who wasn't even there and HBK who was injured.

I don't see what's so great bout instead of Cena winning against the same person several times in a row, now Orton is doing it. Cena was at least entertaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast