Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Travicity

Not in tna dude not kids that's in wwe. Alot can more can than cant in tna. Never gonna be big? I wouldnt want them any bigger than they are cause they'd turn to crap. 100 fans what are you smoking dude? ROH have lots and 1 occasion had 2000 at one show. PWG has a loyal fanbase more people buy the dvd's than go there so less at the show. Your thinking of the bad nobody indies there arent. But who cares what they dont have that dont appeal to wwe and tna fansn are that they have wrestling and only wrestling and people it seems dont want that today thank god there's a handful of fans who still do.
    Last edited by Travicity; 02-02-2010 at 12:55 AM.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I'm actually not sure if ROH can be concidered a Indy-company any more. They are the 3rd biggest promotion in US. And that's for a reason!

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

WWE and TNA have rosters made up of a lot of young talent that came from ROH, PWG, and a few other indy promotions.

ROH probably isn't an indy fed anymore, they are more like ECW was in the nineties, with TV exposure and good wrestling of course. They have also become something of the feeder fed for TNA and WWE to an extent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Most of the roster in WWE and TNA can't even wrestle
    WWE has plenty of guys who can pull off good to great matches. Most of the time these guys are not given time to do it, but when allowed Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Christian, Edge, Jericho, Undertaker, Orton, and even John Cena can pull off a very entertaining match. All but Cena can bust out a sizable moveset and play on some interesting "tics" they've built up that the crowd will automatically get hyped for (I mean Taker sitting up, HBK's set up for the Elbow drop, Jericho's Walls of Jericho, and the list goes on) These are men who can enthrall a crowd and put on solid matches...which is what the business is about. So to say WWE doesn't have good wrestlers is wrong on many levels.

However, I will give it to you that many of their workers they bring in too green and never allow them to really build a good character and moveset. Ultimately guys like MVP, Miz, Morrison, etc. will (and to some extent have) become better workers, but they are playing their roles well right now, and despite not being able to pull out 5 star classics they are all well on their ways to becoming solid performers, so I don't know that you can slack the performers it sounds like you are miffed at the direction of the company, which the performers have no control over.

As for TNA you are completely wrong and the logical fallacy of saying a roster made up of 50&#37; ex-ROH wrestlers can't wrestle because they aren't in ROH is gaping enough that I need not explain myself further.
    Last edited by CarnivoreJ; 02-02-2010 at 05:49 AM.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

yeah RoH will probably go under this year or the next. It doesn't matter if u like em or not fact remains that there is no mass appeal because rasslin' is finished. You need to move with the times and I agree with J about the rosters of the 2 big companies. A lot of em can actually wrestle it's just that their characters sometimes overshadow their ability which is not bad when u consider that they actually sell and ake money and that's what matters in the end.

Back to TNA I honestly don't think they killed it they are doing some of their best numbers. Sure the screwjob was dumb but the following week wasn't even though we don't like em burying Daniels

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

^^ I said most of the rosters can't wrestle. I never ment all! So Rasslin' is out huh? Then I wonder what you are looking for when you watch wrestling :eek:

If I want to see bad acting and the same feuds after and after, I rather turn on a soap opera.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Wrestling has always been soap opera

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

^^ That's where you are wrong dude! WWE and TNA are soap operas. ROH and PWG are real wrestling!

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

The original NWA/AWA/Every other wrestling company was built on storylines and predetermined athletic contests, sort of like a soap opera. WWF(E) got huge by making it more cartoonish and less about the actual physical battles and more about the outlandish characters, WCW came about as a response to WWF(E) and they tried to do a bit more wrestling while also focusing on outlandish characters. Ultimately they both had a good mixture of both and therefore created the Monday Night wars, the best time for every wrestling fan was during these days. We had good wrestling from the undercard and a great story from the main eventers in WCW while WWE was doing something similar by bringing in all the disgruntled WCW guys who were great workers (Jericho, Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero) We all know how this ended up. End of history lesson.

The point here is if we wanted to watch "real wrestling" we'd go to a high school gym, or wait until the Olympics. We want athletic contests with a flair for the dramatic. ROH has storylines and characters, the point here is you don't like the focus being on the stories instead of the in ring action, which is fine, and it's ROH's niche. But you can't say that it's "real wrestling" while the others are not.

And I'd like to add that I do not see ROH going under. I think they are doing okay and they have definately gotten interesting lately. I love the addition of Jim Cornette and I am looking forward to what is coming from them. I still think they need to shift that ROH title onto someone other than Austin Aires, like maybe a Chris Hero or a Colt Cabana but that's personal preference there.

^^ When I refer to REAL WRESTLING, I mean wrestlers who can pull off more than a couple of moves.

I agree with your statement on the ROH title. Put it on Hero or Cabana!!!

Travicity

Nope that was mcmahon that changed it to that and it's always been wrestling to some people but not to alot of cool aid drinkers. I dont really care if ROH went tbh not anymore but they're a wrestling company and are a great one if they did die they proving that people dont want good wrestling.

Hero defiently I agree he's been loyal and can wrestle every style and has won many titles can play the face or heel great been in many companies he should be the next champ.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast