Damage CTRL member Asuka has revealed to her fans that she is dealing with a knee injury.

Taking to her YouTube channel 'Kana Chan TV', the former WWE Women's Champion stated that she is taking her time off after Backlash: France Premium Live Event to treat recover from a knee injury. In her vlog, Asuka expressed her gratitude towards Damage CTRL teammates, Dakota Kai and Kairi Sane for their help during the European tour. She revealed that he had not been at her best. She wrote the following caption in the video:

“After the Backlash of my European tour, I had to take a break to treat my knee that I had been hurting for a while. My partners Kairi and Dakota helped me a lot during this tour as I could not move at my best. I am very grateful to both of them.”

At the end of her vlog, she wrote "See you soon."

Back in March, reports emerged that Asuka suffered a possible knee injury and missed house shows due to the injury. It took place during an edition of SmackDown and fans in attendance noted that the Japanese wrestler was hobbling in the ring which raised concerns.

However, at a WWE Live Event in Springfield, Illinois on March 23, Asuka made her return to in-ring action. She joined forces with Damage CTRL teammates, IYO SKY and Kairi Sane, and faced the team of Becky Lynch, Bianca Belair & Naomi in a losing effort.

Asuka's last match before her hiatus took place at WWE Backlash: France earlier this month. The powerful team of Jade Cargill and Bianca Belair dethroned Asuka and Kairi Sane to capture the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships. Meanwhile, in the Queen of The Ring Tournament. 'The Empress of Tomorrow' was replaced by Dakota Kai, who endured a loss against Lyra Valkyria in the First Round match.