Chad Gable will not let his defeat to GUNTHER on this week's Raw mark the end of his pursuit of the Intercontinental Championship.

In the main event of Raw, Gable lost to GUNTHER in the final match before GUNTHER breaks the record for the longest reign as Intercontinental Champion. The Olympian was able to hold his own against the Austrian before losing to a suplex, powerbomb, and lariat combo.

This week's loss was an understandable setback for Gable, but it won't be his final match with GUNTHER if the Alpha Academy member has his way. Speaking in a WWE Digital Exclusive, Gable made it clear that he will be the next WWE Intercontinental Champion.

"It's one of those things, and amateur wrestling taught me a lot about this, dealing with huge opportunities, right? These big, character-building, break-out moments at your disposal. You've got to make the most of them! And then when something like tonight happens and it just slips through your fingers, it's happened to me before in amateur wrestling, but I learned to persevere. Kind of find my way through it and realize that's not the end. And I promise you in this situation it's the same thing. That's not the end for a number of reasons.

"For one, I have a legacy to protect here. And we can talk about all the ha-ha stuff you want. The 'Thank You' and 'Shoosh.' All that's fun, it's a good time to do that with people and fun to play along with. But there are also times when it's my kids sitting in the front freakin' row, and we've got GUNTHER up there talking at them saying 'Is this your daddy?' Chopping me in front of them, and my daughter's crying her freakin' eyes out, it kind of stops being fun at a certain point.

"That bothers me at a certain level, so you have my word. I swear to you, I swear to everybody. On myself and my career, that this [his loss] is not the end. I'm taking the championship, the Intercontinental Championship. I want him to keep it as long as it freakin' takes for me to earn a rematch because I'm coming back for it and I swear to God I'm winning that championship."