The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported this morning that Ahmad Gill, the man accused of shooting and killing Lucha Libre USA star Chris "Solid" Long, had his first appearance in court yesterday, proclaiming his innocence.

Gill's appearance in court was to determine whether the State had sufficient evidence to hold Gill behind bars, which the presiding Judge determined was the case. “I'm an innocent man, and I will have my day in trial to prove my innocence," Gill said, according to Atlanta's WSB TV.

Another man, Jason Stephens, has been arrested for making false statements to police and being a party to a crime. He is believed to have driven Gill to Shooter Alley, where Gill fired shots into the club, striking Long and another unidentified man, who was later released from the hospital. His bond is set at $15,000.

During the hearing, Gill continued asking questions of the Judge, even after the Judge had moved onto the next case. As he was being brought to a van to be transported back to jail, Gill told cameramen filming the scene, "I didn't do it. I'm an innocent man."

PWI