Drew McIntyre had good reason as to why he decided to put fresh ink to WWE paper. It was revealed last month that McIntyre re-signed with WWE after a WrestleMania season that was full of speculation. During a recent chat with the Daily Mail, the thorn in CM Punk's side gave his reasoning for sticking around with WWE. At the end of the day,

“Being happy, at this point of my life and career all that matters is I'm happy and I can get time with my family that I've not had for 20 years.

"When it comes to creative, I can only control the controllable. As we've seen, almost for the past couple of years, there's been a lot more leeway given to talent, a lot more collaboration. It's been awesome, as you can see across the board. A lot of people breaking out and an opportunity for myself to show what I can truly do."

McIntyre has worked for WWE from 2007-2014 and 2017 to present day. The company has undergone dramatic changes during those two runs. The Scottish grappler maintains a flexible and optimistic attitude, which has served him well and contributed to his longevity.

"I know with that, it's always going to be a case of roll with the punches, peaks and valleys, but there's more to it than just that. We'll see what the future holds, I just know that I'm in my prime and Drew McIntyre is not going to stop wrestling.”

Creatively, McIntyre is doing some of the best work of his career. He's leaning into being a insecure villain who is obsessed with colleagues achieving more success than him. Since Royal Rumble, he's been embroiled in a bitter rivalry with CM Punk. Despite both men being injured an unable to settle their differences in the ring, McIntyre and Punk remain one of the most entertaining conflicts in all of pro wrestling.