WWE Undisputed Universal Champion Cody Rhodes is on top of the world as he prepares for his second title defense. 'The American Nightmare' will put his gold on the line against WWE United States Champion Logan Paul at WWE King and Queen Of The Ring this Saturday, May 25.

Since the matchup was announced, Rhodes has expressed interest in becoming a Grand Slam Champion, a bucket list goal he's only one win from achieving. Rhodes has held every championship in the company except for the WWE United States and World Heavyweight Championships. Fans expected both titles to be up for grabs, with Rhodes teasing the stipulation on social media. However, in the storyline, Paul issued a new contract excluding his title from being defended. Despite 'The Maverick's' underhanded tactics, Rhodes signed the deal to make his title defense official for the upcoming premium live event.

Rhodes appeared on Busted Open Radio on Monday morning, where he shared that he was surprised by Paul's move to have his lawyer issue a new deal ahead of their match. Despite this, he is fully prepared to defend his championship and hopes to become a WWE Grand Slam Champion before he retires.

"...Normally, I think anybody would be frustrated because we're all chasing titles. We're all chasing accolades, but this is the top of the pyramid for WWE. Just objectively, this is what sits at the top, and everything else is beneath it," said Rhodes.

He added, "...Logan not taking his title out of the equation did not make me near as mad as it would have had this not been the prize on the line and again, the Grand Slam Championship eludes me, but I got time left on the contract. I can seek it out as I go."

Rhodes aims to retain his championship against Paul this Saturday at the Jeddah Dome in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. While he should be the favorite to win, it's unclear what 'The Maverick' has planned for their match. Paul has shown that he is willing to cheat and involve his friends to secure a victory.

In his most recent match, Paul had famous influencer and streamer IShowSpeed interfere to help defeat Kevin Owens and Randy Orton at WWE WrestleMania 40 on April 7. Rhodes must be extra cautious about who is at ringside to keep his championship.

A win for Rhodes on May 25 could put him in line to challenge for the WWE United States Championship. However, he must stay focused on successfully defending his title and be prepared for whatever underhanded tactics Paul has in store.