Hollywood actor Chris Hemsworth has provided an update on WWE legend Hulk Hogan's biopic which is slated to be directed by Todd Phillips.

Hemsworth is set to star in the upcoming Furiosa: A Max Max Saga. While discussing his new project, he is gave a tidbit about the Hulk Hogan biopic and it is upsetting for the fans. Speaking with Screenrant, Hemsworth said it would be an honor to work with Todd Phillips, but he's not sure the project is actually happening. He says it's been an interesting situation waiting for the 'green light.'

“To work with Todd Phillips, who we discussed making that film with, would be an honor and a fantastic opportunity. I can’t say it’s officially happening yet. If there was a green light, I’d get to work on it. But it’s interesting. Dementus’ vocal quality was something I could invent and it would be surprising to people, but there wouldn’t be any judgment or comparison.

"It’s a tricky thing to play a real-life character. I’ve done it once before, and people immediately have the measuring stick out and the critiques and so on. It’d be nerve-wracking, but if there’s a great script and a story to tell, I’d love to jump into it. But there’s nothing official at this point.“

Earlier this week, actor/wrestler Paul Walter Hauser spoke about wanting to portray hardcore legend Mick Foley and expressed similar concerns about that setup. Hauser has been approached to play several wrestlers over the years, but he's only interested if the story resonates with him.

Hulk Hogan is one of the greatest superstars to ever grace the squared circle and transformed the pro wrestling industry like very few others have. In recent years, his fame has nearly been overshadowed by his various personal personal controversies.

This Hulk Hogan project has been in development for over five years. It was first announced back in February 2019, with Chris Hemsworth attached as the lead. Helmsworth has spoken about the role, but it's now mid-2024 and we're wondering if this thing will ever get made.