UFC Heavyweight Champion Fabricio Werdum took to social media on Monday to reveal his desire to fight Fedor Emelianenko in a rematch of their historic fight from years back, which Werdum won.

Werdum defeated Fedor at the Strikeforce/M-1 Global co-promoted event on Showtime back in June of 2010, ending Fedor’s legendary undefeated streak and becoming the first person to legitimately beat Fedor in a MMA fight.

Tsuyoshi Kosaka had defeated Fedor via cut stoppage in a RINGS fight, but no one ever considered that a “real loss.”

Werdum took to Instagram on Monday and posted the following message, revealing his desire to fight Fedor in a rematch of their historic fight as the UFC’s first main event in Chechenia:

“I wish that, one day in the near future, Fedor and I can fight in the first UFC in Chechenia. I think this would be a glorious inaugural event in Chechenia, and I think the fans would love to see this competition between two legends. I know that Chechenia has a rich history in combative sports, and I also know that the president of Chechenia is a huge MMA Fan. He has his own team and he passionately invests and supports our sport. I would hope to make this dream come true someday.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDyrFBRJJWI/