Former NXT Champion Ilja Dragunov is seemingly unlocking his fierce side following his loss against Jey Uso on last night's Raw. 'The Mad Dragon' headlined last night's edition of Monday Night Raw when he competed against Jey Uso in the quarter-final match in the King of The Ring Tournament. Dragunov, who was recently drafted to the red brand, suffered a defeat and this marks his first loss on the main roster.

Dragunov was visibly frustrated when he spoke to Cathy Kelley in a Raw Exclusive. When he was asked about his defeat at the hands of Jey Uso, Dragunov said that though the loss was frustrating there is no shame that he lost to 'Main Event' Jey Uso. He revealed that he was "tired" and in "pain". However, he finds beauty in it as he becomes an entire monster when he is in pain.

"I mean, what should I say? It’s so frustrating, it is. But where is actually the shame to lose to the man the ‘Main Event’, right? All I know right now, I’m tired, I’m in pain, but the beauty of it is that in already very dangerous in this ring. But when I’m pain, I’m an entire monster."

When asked about sharing his predictions for the semi-clash clash, he showered praise on both Jey Uso and Gunther. He also quoted WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels and said:

"Predictions? I mean, they’re both like the absolute bar. The only prediction I can make is for myself, and this prediction is, no one is safe anymore. To quote Shawn Michaels, ‘I’m what the kids call a real problem."

Jey Uso is now all set to face Gunther in the semi-final clash on next week's edition of Raw.

Ilja Dragunov had a successful run in WWE's developmental brand, NXT. He became the NXT Champion and defended the title against some of the top stars on the brand. His reign came to an end when he was dethroned by rising superstar, Trick Williams.

During the fourth round on the Night Two of the 2024 WWE Draft, Raw bagged the signing of Ilja Dragunov which was certainly a massive pick. His performance in NXT was pretty impressive and his main roster call-up opens the door for some huge matches in the future.