Former WWE star Reggie aka Sidney Akeem has opened up about his WWE departure and claimed that he is keeping a very positive attitude about his future.

The 31-year-old had his first post-WWE interview with Fightful where he discussed the journey from his signing with the company, the many highlights of his run and finally his departure from the promotion.

The former WWE star first spoke about his mindset following the company's decision to not renew his contract. He explained how times have changed and said that he is in good head space:

"I’m very positive. The news came three or four weeks ago, I’ve been in really good spirits. It’s not how it was a couple of years ago when releases were happening and people were devastated. I know it’s still tough, but I’m in a good head space."

Reggie noted that he had done circus for 16 years before joining the world of pro wrestling. According to him, he was ready to go to the indies had WWE not offered him a contract in 2020 and that's what he is going to do now.

The star who was later repacked as Scrypts in NXT also detailed the call he received about his departure. He revealed that the official calling said that he was a joy to work with and the door was open for his return down the line.

Akeem mentioned that he is able to keep a positive attitude because he knows that many people would kill to have the life he has:

"My brother is heavy in drugs right now. My grandmother is sick. My other brother is in jail. My other brother is in a mental hospital from a car crash when he was 16.

I have people that are constantly dying back in St. Louis, and I’m living a life that many would kill to be in my shoes. I have nothing to be upset about. This is just another obstacle, another hurdle that I have to jump. It wasn’t a bad call at all."

Sidney Akeem signed with WWE back in January 2020 and made his debut directly on the main roster as Reginald Thomas. He was initially paired with Carmella and also had multiple runs with the 24/7 Championship.

Reginald was moved to NXT in October 2022 where he was repackaged as Scrypts. The former champion was let go earlier this month when WWE chose not to renew his contract.