CaZXL, formerly known as Big Cass, has issued a statement addressing the incident he was involved in at the WrestlePro live event this past weekend from Rahway, New Jersey. You can read our initial report bout the situation here, which involved a physical altercation with WWE producer Pat Buck and police involvement.

The statement, posted on Twitter by Cass’ former tag team partner Enzo Amore, reads:

To my fans and all concerned,

I have been very honest with my past struggles, and it has been an ongoing battle. On Saturday night, I obviously let my demons get the better of me and I ruined an important night for a really great guy in an unfortunate series of events. I have worked incredibly hard to get where I am, and even harder to overcome my ongoing battle with depression.

But I will work my absolute hardest to right the wrongs of Saturday night and apologize to Kevin Mathews, Pat Buck, Joey Janela, and the entire WrestlePro locker room and all parties involved from the bottom of my heart.

I’m getting help from family and friends as we speak and will be getting professional help in the near future and ask all to please respect my privacy in the meantime.

When & if I reemerge as a public figure it will be in good faith and I hope to inspire those who struggle with the same mental health issues I do to seek the help they need. If Tyson Fury can do it….so can I.

Remember…I ain’t dead yet. And neither are you.

Peace and love,
William Patrick Morrissey III —

CaZ’s longtime friend and tag team partner nZo (formerly Enzo Amore) gave the following show of support:

Thanx for all the love & support for @TheCaZXL . My man is going to kick out! Cause if he doesn’t I’ll break up the pin. Loyalty is love. I’ve learned a lot about our friendship this past year, & No matter what he decides to do with his future endeavors: Friendship > Business.

— #nZo (FKA Enzo Amore) (@real1) September 17, 2019

WrestlePro promoter Kevin Matthews also responded to CaZXL’s statement:

Myself and the entire @WrestlePro family are all behind you and wish you all the health and happiness in the world my friend. Can’t wait to see the new and improved CazXL! kick ass bud ? @TheCaZXL

— KM / Kevin Matthews (@Superstar_KM) September 17, 2019