Since the departure of Vince McMahon from WWE, and the simultaneous rise of Paul Levesque as the company's Chief Content Officer, discussions over each man's differences in the creative process and booking philosophy have been a continuous source of conversation.

The King of King's nearly 2-year reign as Head of Creative has been met with mostly positive reviews, with critics, fans, and pundits alike citing a more streamlined approach to storytelling, production, and usage of talent.

Current WWE Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn recently sat down for an interview with Daily Mail's Alex McCarthy, where he described the staunch differences in how Triple H and Vince McMahon viewed his character. Here's what he said, as transcribed by WrestleTalk:

"I think Hunter sees me differently from how Vince saw me, especially as a good guy. I think Vince saw me much more as a bad guy, for a number of reasons. He saw my irksome qualities that he thought lent itself to being an irksome character."

This distinction can be seen plainly when you examine Sami Zayn's booking between WrestleMania 38 and 39. Zayn went from an intolerable heel in a comedic feud with Johnny Knoxville and the entire cast of Jackass, to becoming one of the biggest babyfaces in the company; locked in an intense, emotional, and tangled storyline with The Bloodline and his real-life best friend Kevin Owens.

Zayn spoke on the differences between Triple H and his father-in-law's philosophy on booking weekly programming. As fans have heard several times before, the former NXT Champion detailed Triple H's long-term booking strategy, and how that clashed with McMahon's more haphazard, even at times "chaotic" approach. He would note, however, that there are pros and cons to both.

"Having said that, I think things were a lot more unpredictable because of the nature of Vince's week to week kind of approach, that sometimes the marble would just fall in the right hole, and now you're champion, whereas with Hunter, I think it's much more he has longer-term vision, and if you're not part of that vision, then the chances of breaking into that vision are much, much slimmer...It's kind of a double edged sword. He might see me in a way that lends itself more to being in that mix and possibly winning it. But on the other hand, I could have just slipped on a banana peel and won the world title."

Since Triple H's take over of the creative process, Sami Zayn has found himself at the center of some of WWE's biggest storylines and matches. Becoming one of the company's top babyfaces, proven more so at WrestleMania 40 when he became the first person to pin The Ring General since his call-up from NXT. Winning his fourth International Championship in the process

While Superstars have gone on record to praise the new leadership and overall company direction, some former talent have expressed that changing the guard in WWE had unfortunate consequences.

Take former WWE Superstar Eric Bugenhagen, aka Rick Boogs, as an example. For the better part of 2021 and early 2022, Bugenhagen seemed to be a hot commodity in the eyes of the WWE machine; armed with an impressive physique and strong character.

Unfortunately, Bugenhagen would find himself released by WWE in September of 2023, following a 9-month absence that began due to an injury he sustained at WrestleMania 38.

In the weeks and months that followed, Bugenhagen would express how some in the new regime didn't quite see what Vince McMahon had seen in him.

While he has never directly implicated Triple H, he stated that his release was due to a "backstage powerplay", and noting that before his release, he has only received positive accolades from McMahon and corporate. Bugenhagen went as far as to say that he feels some in the new management had a "grudge" against him.