Former WCW President and Monday Night RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff took to his podcast, Bischoff On Wrestling, to react to the news that ex-TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter could be working with WWE in an on-screen capacity. The comparison of Carter to Vickie Guerrero came up, and Bischoff explained why Carter would not be a good authority figure heel on WWE TV:

“The difference is that Vickie Guerrero was an inherently good performer. Dixie Carter is not. Dixie is not a great performer. It took all day for her to get ready to do a two-minute in-ring. It was tough. It was really tough. The other part of the equation here is her as a performer. I can take this perspective with a lot of people if you want to break it down. For a character like Vickie Guerrero, you have to be really comfortable with people hating you. I can tell you from personal experience that I thrived on it.

“I still do in certain situations when you can get people to react the way I want them to react. You bring out that heel in your personality and have fun with that situation. I like it. Dixie Carter’s problem with being a heel, in my opinion having worked with her and known her for awhile, is that she wanted everyone to love her. She doesn’t want anyone to hate her. If you don’t have a personality that not only allows you to be comfortable but also dig deep and find new, creative ways to capture the little moments when they reveal themselves and exploit them as a heel then you won’t last two days. That’s the problem.”