WWE Hall of Famer Booker T wishes that there was a system akin to WWE NXT when he was taking his first steps into the world of professional wrestling.

Since October 2022, the five-time WCW World Champion has served as a commentator for the gold brand, bringing decades of experience to the developmental show. Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker reflected on being able to watch talent grow as part of WWE NXT.

"It's something special to watch these young guys grow up that way. I can only wish that I would've/could've had that kind of experience growing up in the business. It's a great system for these young guys to actually be able to springboard."

Booker went even further with his assessment of WWE NXT as he stated that he's "living my best life" as part of the NXT "crew."

It's not hard to see why Booker wished WWE NXT was around during his early days. While many names established in wrestling join NXT upon signing with WWE, there are plenty who start their wrestling journey in the gold brand. Bianca Belair, Charlotte Flair, and Braun Strowman all had little to no wrestling training before coming to WWE.

Later in the show, Booker shared his excitement for the future, namely the upcoming move to The CW. In October 2024, WWE NXT will make the move as part of what's reported to be the biggest deal in the history of the gold brand. The move will also mark the end of WWE NXT's five-year tenure as part of the USA Network.

WWE NXT will join a growing roster of live sports on The CW Network including ACC football, LIV Golf, and basketball. Wrestling fans can also catch NWA Powerrr episodes on The CW app.