Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Thumbs up GSP talks about possible middleweight move

Thanks to FightLine.com for the following:

There has been a lot of speculation recently about UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre and a possible move up to the 185-pound class. While he has for the most part stayed away from discussing to move up, GSP took some time to talk about what it would take if he did indeed decide to vacate his welterweight title and test himself against bigger competition.

If I move up, I have to do it with my diet. I can’t do it in month. I’m a natural guy, I would want to do it properly,” GSP told MMAFighting.com.

“I'm already much bigger than I was when I fought Alves,” St. Pierre said. “I'm 8 pounds bigger than I was when I fought Alves. I used to walk around at 185, now I walk around at 193. If I do it, I need to get even bigger, I need to get past 200. If I do it too, there's one thing, if I go up to fight at the185 division I cannot go back down. It's easier to go up than going back down.”

Aside from the challenge of properly gaining weight and getting himself ready to take on the middleweight elite, GSP noted that there are other obstacles in the way.

“I have a lot of friends that fight at 185,” St. Pierre said. “I will never fight a friend. I have Nathan Marquardt, Patrick Cote, David Loisseau, Denis Kang... I have a bunch of guys that I train with that fight in that division, and I will never fight a friend. Hockey is a game, mixed martial arts is a sport, but it is not a game.

You say, ‘I'm going to play hockey, I'm going to play football,' but you do not say, 'I'm going to play fighting.’ Because, let's say I'm in mount position - I always say that for an example - if I'm in mount position, and it's time to land that big elbow that will leave a scar on the forehead of my friend and give him cerebral damage, if he's my friend I will never do that. I have already fought some guys that are acquaintances, but never a real friend, and my training partners, for me, they are friends.”

NODQ

He will never beat Anderson .

I think he could. Its been shown that a good wrestler can give Silva troubles (Henderson). GS stand up is forgotten about since he is so dominate on the mat. I think GSP could give Silva some huge problems possible even beat him

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I think he could. Its been shown that a good wrestler can give Silva troubles (Henderson). GS stand up is forgotten about since he is so dominate on the mat. I think GSP could give Silva some huge problems possible even beat him
    I agree. That fight could potentially go either way. I definitely hope he does move up being I've been wanting to see GSP vs. Silva for a long time now.

Sagat henderson took him down but how did the fight end with hendo tapping out Anderson can be taken down but then he just submits you (henderson,lutter) and there is no way GSP can hang on the feet and considering size and strength it would be a very bad night for George .TRUST ME

Henderson does not have the same BJJ as GSP, GSP has a blackbelt which gets forgotten about because he is so good at just wearing people down. Obviously they are the two best but I personally think the gap isnt as wide as you are making it. GSP can pose some real problems stylistic to Silva

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

The Mac

comparing hendo and lutter to gsp is ridiculous gsp is a much better fighter in all aspects his stand up is crisp he stopped hughes and not many ppl can say they have done that
    he would be a big challange for silva cuz gsp maybe the stronger of the 2 and if he can take silva down and impose his will he could win
    plus gsp's cardio is miles ahead of anyone silva has fought before gsp could set a torid pace that silva couldnt keep up with

yea right theres just no way IMO Anderson is better at jui jitsu than GSP srry but he is just Overall better even tho i love GSP

The Mac

thats debateable gsp is faster with quicker hands, better wrestling it would be a decent fight tho