Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default UFC 66 Destroys PPV Buys, Live Gate Records

According to the Wrestling Observer newsletter, UFC 66 "Liddell vs. Ortiz 2" fell shy of the expected 1.2 million pay-per view buys, but not by much.

UFC 66, held on December 30th in Las Vegas, Nevada, did over a million buys on PPV - making it the biggest MMA event in PPV history.

The records didn't stop getting smashed there. There was 14,607 in attendance making a live gate of $5.4 million, some two million dollars more than the previous live gate-record.

Well, the bar is definitely up there now. UFC has all of 2007 to reach it once again. Seems impossible to top, but we've said that about the last 100 records UFC set in their insane breakout year of 2006.
    The UFC is at the top of the sports world right now. WWE does a million buys once a year, Wrestlemania, while UFC is pulling in those numbers consistently. I just wonder how long it will be before the bubble bursts.

i wonder if ufc will bye wwe or the other way around and u have a lot of bookie

Rep if you like my posts - I do my own banners, if you would like one please feel free to PM me; I'll do my best to get it to you. Thanks.

The WWE is Vince's baby and he would watch it die before he would ever sell it. The UFC would never buy it even if he did put it up for sale though. UFC president Dana White has said many times, during interviews about Kurt Angle possibly shoot fighting, that a professional wrestler will never work for him, so I'm sure they have no interest in owning a professional wrestling company.