Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Thumbs up After RAW ended: John Cena saves Bret Hart

Thanks to James Beckwith for the following:

Raw was a virtual sellout including the upper decks. The only area tarped off was near the hard camera and that is normal for television tapings.

I don't know how it came across on TV, but the crowd was hot and had high energy for most of the night. John Cena was way over with this crowd. I'm talking close to Austin/Rock levels. They popped every time his image was on the Titantron and for every time he came out in the arena.

The crowd chanted huge for Cena during the Batista beat down of Bret Hart. Cena came running out after Raw went off the air. Batista and McMahon bailed and returned to the back immediately. Eventually, Bret got to his feet and made his way to the back as well. Then, the locally advertised main event took place. It was John Cena vs. Sheamus for the WWE title.

Dark Match main event: John Cena beat WWE champion Sheamus via DQ, Sheamus retained the WWE Title. I expected an extremely short match or a Dusty Finish, but Sheamus and Cena put on a good 10-15 minute match. It ended when Cena had Sheamus in the STF and Batista ran in and broke the hold causing the DQ. Batista then went on an extended beat down of Cena with Sheamus incapacitated on the outside.

Batista beat Cena with the ringside steps and then put the steps in the ring. He set up the Batista Bomb on the steps in the ring (which I expected Cena to power out of since they weren't on television) and he powerbombed Cena onto the steps in a wicked looking spot. No comeback for Cena against Batista. Finally, Sheamus came back in the ring and stood over Cena while holding up the WWE Title. When he stepped away, Cena popped to his feet and gave Sheamus the Attitude Adjustment to send the crowd home happy.

Lots of Cena's new shirt in the crowd and tons of glowsticks. WWE is making a fortune off those glowsticks.

Biggest Pops
    -- Anything Cena
    -- Triple H
    -- Edge after he speared Sheamus.

Most Heat:
    -- Edge before spearing Sheamus
    -- Mr. McMahon
    -- Sheamus
    -- Batista

NODQ

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

I really like Sheamus' character, I wish they would let him get some victories by actually winning. If they would have let him actually score the pinfall on Orton at the Rumble for example even in a dirty finish it would look better than a thousand DQ victories or retentions.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivoreJ View Post
    I really like Sheamus' character, I wish they would let him get some victories by actually winning. If they would have let him actually score the pinfall on Orton at the Rumble for example even in a dirty finish it would look better than a thousand DQ victories or retentions.
    i totally agree

i think he has a lot of potential i also enjoy his character its really cool

i realize he's a heel and they like to give dq's and other victories like that to them but still let him get a pinfall victory on every now and then