Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Steve Austin Says TNA Has No Major Stars

STEVE AUSTIN SAYS TNA HAS NO MAJOR STARS, STATES THAT RIC FLAIR IS THE GREATEST CHAMPION EVER, FORMER WCW WORLD CHAMPION SAYS HE LIKES THE GREAT KHALI

In the latest WWE.com "Superstar to Superstar" feature, Stone Cold Steve Austin converses with actor and former WCW World Champion David Arquette. You can read the full feature by clicking here. While most of the discussion revolves around films, there is a brief discussion of Arquette's experience working for WCW in 2000 and other wrestling topics. Some highlights from the article follow.

On becoming WCW World Champion, Arquette says, "You know, it all happened because I was doing this movie Ready to Rumble and they were using all of the WCW stars at the time. I got to know a couple of the people who promote the show, and they threw me in the ring and people hated me enough that they wanted me to come back. Then, in a strange twist and turn, I got the belt — which pissed a lot of people off. I don’t blame them. It was a good time, I’m proud to be in the record books. I just hope I didn’t take down the whole company."

Austin's response to Arquette: "I don’t think it was you who took them down; I think it was ultimately their fate. When you became the WCW champion, how was the backstage politics? When you’ve got guys, and that’s what they do for a living, and all of a sudden, you, David Arquette, a very successful actor comes in — who has probably never stepped foot inside of a wrestling ring — were there any feelings of animosity toward you? What was it like?"

Arquette's response: Yeah. There were some bitter and very angry people. I mean, just traveling with wrestlers — that was the most amazing part of the show. Things like getting drunk with Ric Flair, just being a part of this crazy world, just seeing how amazing and talented wrestlers are. Your bodies suffer, and you guys are running non-stop city to city — it’s like a carnival. It’s crazy. So, I gained a lot of respect for wrestling."

A question from Austin, including a comment that will annoy TNA fans: "Knowing wrestling like you do, being in WCW for a little bit and now seeing the business today with really only WWE around — you’ve got some stuff in TNA but no major stars — who is your favorite guy going right now? If you had to pick one guy you had to have come back into the wrestling business and work with, who would it be?"

Arquette's response: "Gregory Helms did all of my stunts in Ready to Rumble. I’m a big fan of his. I know he’s out now. I like the whole Triple H and Mr. McMahon thing that’s been going on, the family dynamics is always good entertainment. I like The Great Khali — I always like to see a giant. That’s a good type of thing. You know, Ric Flair is also one of my favorites of all-time. Whenever he does anything, I just love it."

Austin's response: I think he’s probably the greatest world champion that ever lived. I have so much respect for that guy.

PWInsider.com

Main Eventer

Thanks.

good post man.

So Steve Austin says TNA has no major stars?? I guess guys like Kurt Angle, Sting & Jeff Jarrett who have been World Champions with multiple wrestling organizations aren't major stars? I understand that he is dedicated to WWE for life, but it seems pretty short sided to undercut another man's 11 World Championships, or a guy that has a career spanning over 2 decades.

Remember The Name

"TNA Has No Major Stars"

You know, with enough blind bias, the same thing could be said about WWE.

Shame on Austin.

What is Greatness? How do you define it?

The Mac

but its true
    tna hasnt made any major stars
    just took old ppl from wwe

Remember The Name

Quote Originally Posted by macmichaud2 View Post
    but its true
    tna hasnt made any major stars
    just took old ppl from wwe
    First of all, no, it's not "true", it's an opinion. Secondly, the quote was that TNA "Has No" major stars, not that they haven't made any. That means he's including the performers you refer to as "old ppl from wwe". And once again, like I said, with enough blind bias, pretty much the same thing, or worse, could be said about WWE. Austin is just a company man.

What is Greatness? How do you define it?