DAIVARI REVEALS THE WWE STAR HE TOOK HIS NAME FROM, JOHN CENA'S OPINION OF HIS OWN WRESTLING SKILLS, MCMAHON REACTION TO HIS RELEASE, AND MORE

The 90th edition of JG’s Radio Free Insanity is on the air and available right now at WorldWrestlingInsanity.com (Flash and MP3 download) This week's guest is former WWE wrestler and manager, Shawn Daivari.

James Guttman kicks things off by speaking about Shawn Daivari's interview. His full uncut shoot is one of the first he did after leaving WWE and covers a ton of topics. JG was surprised at Daivari's candor and how forthcoming he was with information about his career. Although you can hear him speak about some things today, his full shoot includes talk of so much more.

Shawn Daivari's full uncut shoot interview on ClubWWI.com lasted for 35 minutes and no topic was ignored. Aside from the subjects discussed on today's Radio Free Insanity, you can hear Shawn talk about the airing of the "Terrorist Angle" on the day of the London Bombings, the public outcry, being "P.C.," JBL's controversial firing from CNBC, being banned from UPN, Muhammad Hassan's heat, some of the backstage stories, working against Shawn Michaels, the other wrestler he'd like to face, TNA, Japan, Chris Benoit, singing with Jillian on Raw, managing Mark Henry, his friendship with the Great Khali, being more than a cruiserweight, the dropped Greg Helms feud, working Cody Rhodes, and much more.

Daivari is just one of over 90 stars on the Club. Among the other interviews available on ClubWWI.com are Eric Bischoff, Jerry Lawler, Vince Russo, John Heidenreich, Sid Vicious, Tammy "Sunny" Sytch, Nick "U-Gene" Dinsmore, Christian Cage, Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Page, La Resistance, The Steiner Brothers, AJ Styles, Demolition, Paul Bearer, Bobby Heenan, Ted DiBiase, Road Warrior Animal, The Iron Sheik, Rhino, Dustin Rhodes, Earl Hebner, Charlie Haas, Christy Hemme, Christopher Daniels, and many more. Plus audio shows from D-Lo Brown, Bull Buchanan, Kevin Kelly, Orlando Jordan, Ivory, and Dr. Tom Prichard.

James Guttman then speaks about wrestling conventions. Growing up, he attended a number of them including the WrestleMania X Access show and John Arezzi's famous ones in New York. Guttman says they were great and gave him many memories. He speaks about some of them and then explains that if a convention isn't run correctly and burns fans, it could leave them with many terrible memories. JG speaks about what this does to the business and looks at Orlando Jordan's experience at the recent WrestlingFanFest. O.J. spoke about this in his ClubWWI.com audio show, Club O.J.

Speaking of ClubWWI.com audio shows, James then talks about the one week tag team title reign of D-Lo Brown and Bull Buchanan in Pro Wrestling NOAH. The duo won the titles on October 20th, held them for a week, and dropped them last night to Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura. D-Lo hosts "The Lo-Down" and Bull hosts "The Bullpen" on ClubWWI.

After that, James cues up the interview with Shawn Daivari.

James Guttman welcomes Shawn Daivari to the show and thanks him for joining Radio Free Insanity. He starts off by asking about Daivari's release and what lead to it. Shawn says that he was in the midst of a contract negotiation and WWE agreed to some things he was asking. However, there were some creative things he wanted to have happen in his career and he wasn't sure it was going to. With things like that, you need to take the company's word. After speaking to some writers, he felt it wasn't in the cards and it might be best to move on with his career.

"I even asked them separately in meetings with talent relations and Vince and Stephanie if they would be offended or upset at all if I didn't resign the contract they offered me and actually bowed out of the current contract from a little earlier and they were actually very cool and obliged to that. If they really wanted to be jerks, they could have benched me for the term of my contract but they were nice enough to make a mutual dissolution of my contract. So now I kinda left on good terms so I'm ready for the next chapter of my career."

-ClubWWI.com Break-

On the subject of Muhammad Hassan, JG asks Shawn knew of any potential storylines that were on the table prior to the character's "death" and Shawn answered:

"You know I really don't know because nothing was in concrete. Well, nothing ever really is in concrete. But they really don't tell us too much until it's a for sure thing (and) going to happen. I never heard this from any office person or saw it promoted anywhere, but my understanding was at that point in time, Muhammad was supposed to work Batista at Summerslam. Because I believe the story going into that was obviously it's Washington D.C., the United States capital, and it's Batista's hometown. So they were going to promote it and make a big deal out of it."

Guttman brings up Shawn being a fan of Shawn Michaels. Daivari says, "That's actually who I stole my name from." He explains that his real name is "Dara Daivari." While "Dara" is a fairly common Iranian name for men, many Americans aren't familiar with it. Since it ends with an "a," it's considered feminine. When he started training, they were going to put it on a poster and the trainer said that they couldn't use the name "Dara." His trainer, who also had a hand in training Sean "X-Pac" Waltman, turned to everyone and said:

"We have the next Sean Waltman on our hands and we're gonna call him Dara?"

That's where "Sean" came from. He eventually had it changed it to "Shawn" for Michaels. JG asks if he ever told HBK about this and Daivari says he must have. His name was listed as "Dara" on all WWE travel information. He then says that he has so many stories about WWE talent from before he started. He then begins to tell the story of sneaking backstage once and being thrown out by Triple H…

- ClubWWI.com Break -

In progress, Shawn is talking about Shawn Michaels and how, although he's wrestled him before, he's the second name he would pick when Guttman asks who he'd like to wrestle. Daivari admits that he has worked HBK on house shows and TV, but there's something special about Michaels at WrestleMania or PPV. He says that he's love to have one of those matches with him because he has yet to see Shawn not over deliver in a situation like that. James tells Daivari that he might still get his chance as Shawn isn't slowing down any time soon. Daivari agrees:

"You never see him spinning his wheels for a couple of years. He's always improving himself. And one of those examples is this year. I couldn't believe the match he and John Cena had and John Cena will be the first to tell you - he's a good friend of mine - that he is not one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. He probably one of the best entertainers in the whole company, but as far as actual wrestling ability, he's not one of the best in the world. But that night at WrestleMania, that match he and Shawn had, he was a phenomenal wrestler. He was amazing. Everything he did was off the hook."

James gives Shawn a chance to speak to all his "Little Daivaris." He says that fans can still find him around the business. He's not sure where just yet, but you can check out ShawnDaivari.com. Also, promoters can contact his agent at BookDaivari@hotmail.com

Remember, Shawn Daivari's full uncut shoot interview on ClubWWI.com lasted for 35 minutes and no topic was ignored. Aside from the subjects discussed on today's Radio Free Insanity, you can hear Shawn talk about the airing of the "Terrorist Angle" on the day of the London Bombings, the public outcry, being "P.C.," JBL's controversial firing from CNBC, being banned from UPN, Muhammad Hassan's heat, some of the backstage stories, working against Shawn Michaels, the other wrestler he'd like to face, TNA, Japan, Chris Benoit, singing with Jillian on Raw, managing Mark Henry, his friendship with the Great Khali, being more than a cruiserweight, the dropped Greg Helms feud, working Cody Rhodes, and much more.

Daivari is just one of over 90 stars on the Club. Among the other interviews available on ClubWWI.com are Eric Bischoff, Jerry Lawler, Vince Russo, John Heidenreich, Sid Vicious, Tammy "Sunny" Sytch, Nick "U-Gene" Dinsmore, Christian Cage, Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Page, La Resistance, The Steiner Brothers, AJ Styles, Demolition, Paul Bearer, Bobby Heenan, Ted DiBiase, Road Warrior Animal, The Iron Sheik, Rhino, Dustin Rhodes, Earl Hebner, Charlie Haas, Christy Hemme, Christopher Daniels, and many more. Plus audio shows from D-Lo Brown, Bull Buchanan, Kevin Kelly, Orlando Jordan, Ivory, and Dr. Tom Prichard.

PWInsider.com