Major League Wrestling's willingness to think outside the box has helped make them the 'Apple' of professional wrestling, Court Bauer has claimed.

It's hard to ignore the success of MLW in recent years, as the independent promotion has become one of the most prominent names in North America. The company recently emerged from an antitrust lawsuit with WWE which saw the Sports Entertainment juggernaut down $20 million. MLW has also been enjoying record-breaking toy sales in recent months, a testament to the promotion's popularity.

Bauer spoke with Alfred Konuwa for Forbes this week to promote Saturday’s MLW: Azteca Lucha 2024 event from Chicago’s Cicero Stadium. You can stream the show live on TrillerTV+. Bauer was asked about his brand. When AEW's comparison to Pepsi was brought up, Bauer suggested that MLW shares strategies akin to tech giant Apple.

"Steve Jobs had this great mantra when he was doing all his amazing things with Apple, and it was simple: Think Different. So when I think what our mantra is, and what we try do everyday, it’s just “Think Different.” Don’t try to mimic, don’t try to replicate, just Think Different. What if you tried something new?

"I try to look at things in a positive way. It’s so tempting in wrestling to look at the drama, because everything in wrestling is drama, and I just try to think different and stay away from all that stuff, the main thing is the main thing."

MLW will continue to think differently with its Azteca Lucha event. The event will take place from the Cicero Arena in Chicago, IL on Saturday, May 11. The show has already proved to be historic with Azteca Lucha smashing MLW's box office record.