Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

On the bench!

Default Is TNA Going To Find Success?

Since TNA's debut on Spike, they've been grabbing consistant 1.0's and garnering more attention every week. Problem is, honestly, TNA will never suceed in the WWE style fashion, because it's a niche product (much like ROH will be on PPV), and will just garner a small growing and loyal fanbase.

TNA seems focused on bringing in established (and not so established) WWE talent and using their "name" to bring more fans in. While this worked with Christian and Sting, it hasn't with others such as Scott Steiner, Tomko, and even Kurt Angle. So should TNA try a different approach?

With that being said, should TNA aim for pleasing their fans and building the stars of tomorrow? Should TNA continue to make the mistakes WCW made with the continued push of vets over their own homegrown talent? And most of all, what do you think TNA should do to best benefit their future? What would you do if you had control of TNA

it may be slightly sucessful but i dont think there will ever truely be competition for wwe anytime soon
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

TNA needs to do something big. For that to happen i think they would need a big money backer until they can do that they will be right where they are. They aren't doing to bad thou they have lasted and thats what counts.

RIP JC

how can you expect TNA to be top compotition when its just 5 years old?

Credit: The Black Wings of Death

Quote Originally Posted by sting#1 View Post
    how can you expect TNA to be top competition when its just 5 years old?
    Maybe because 5 years is a long time. WCW didn't get a prime time national television spot until 1995 and then in 1997, just two years into their attempt at going mainstream and challenging the wwf, they were drawing 10 million viewers a show and were the hottest promotion in the world. Regardless of all of the excuses that the TNA marks make, TNA hasn't done a single thing to make them the "number 2" company in the business, except sign up all of the guys that were has beens in WCW a decade ago and a bunch of indy guys that Vinnie has no interest in, while putting out some of the shittiest booking that we have seen since Katie Vick and Doink the clown and drawing ratings that somehow are good enough for spike today, but were low enough to warrant ECW getting canceled on the very same channel 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Will322 View Post
    Maybe because 5 years is a long time. WCW didn't get a prime time national television spot until 1995 and then in 1997, just two years into their attempt at going mainstream and challenging the wwf, they were drawing 10 million viewers a show and were the hottest promotion in the world. Regardless of all of the excuses that the TNA marks make, TNA hasn't done a single thing to make them the "number 2" company in the business, except sign up all of the guys that were has beens in WCW a decade ago and a bunch of indy guys that Vinnie has no interest in, while putting out some of the shittiest booking that we have seen since Katie Vick and Doink the clown and drawing ratings that somehow are good enough for spike today, but were low enough to warrant ECW getting canceled on the very same channel 5 years ago.
    a little biased arnt you?

Credit: The Black Wings of Death

Quote Originally Posted by sting#1 View Post
    a little biased arnt you?
    a little biased towards what? good wrestling, good story telling and companies that actually grow,expand, and make money?

TNA should focus more on there own talent because as we have all seen TNA wrestlers are a lot more exciting to watch. But still they need the old WWE guys to help with the numbers. I think that in 2 years they will be competition for WWE but not enough for Vince but not enough to worry about

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

if tna want to be successful they have got to get a big tv deal as at the moment they are losing money and the longer that goes on for, the quicker they will go out of business. they also need to charge fans for admissions for the tv tapings and live events as this could bring in around $300,000-$400,000 a month depending on how much they charge