Ring of Honor returns to live events this weekend with a pair of shows.

On Friday 6/8, they debut at Roxbury Community College, running at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center in Roxbury, MA. Hopefully this will be their new home as they always seem to be bouncing around the Boston market. ROH champion Takeshi Morishima will face Jay Briscoe in the main event, which is a first-time singles bout. ROH Tag Team champion Mark Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen is also scheduled, continuing the build to the Generico & Steen vs. Briscoes title bout on 6/23. The undercard features Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush, Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Rave, The No Remorse Corps (Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero & Davey Richards) vs. The Resilience (Matt Cross & Erick Stevens) & Delirious, Matt Sydal vs. El Generico as well as Tank Toland, BJ Whitmer, Daizee Haze, Brent Albright, Damien Wayne and Rex Sterling appearing.

This Saturday 6/9, the promotion returns to their city of birth, Philadelphia at The Pennsylvania National Guard Armory. They are running a "Do or Die" card prior to the main show at 6:15 PM. When I first heard about the matinee, my initial reaction was ROH was running to offset the Combat Zone Wrestling Tournament of Death event in Delaware that same afternoon, but given how poorly CZW has done at promoting the event, I don't think they will even be a factor.

The "Do or Die" portion of the show features Lacey (with Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Daizee Haze, CHIKARA stars Gran Akuma & Hallowicked vs. Deranged & Azrieal in their official return to an ROH ring, Rex Sterling vs. Damien Wayne as well as Pelle Primeau defending ROH's Top Of The Class Trophy.

The evening event in Philadelphia features ROH champion Takeshi Morishima vs. FIP champion Roderick Strong in their first-ever singles bout as well as ROH Tag Team champions The Briscoes vs.Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero (reuniting after breaking up last December) in a Best of Three Falls bout. Both look to be strong bouts, although the sleeper match of the lineup is Matt Sydal (who's work has been off the charts lately) facing Bryan Danielson in what I believe to be their first-ever singles match, at least in ROH. That's probably going to be worth the effort of attending the show along.

Also scheduled for Philadelphia:
*Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw
*Nigel McGuinness vs. Larry Sweeney's Mystery Opponent
*Delirious vs. Rocky Romero
*Davey Richards vs. Matt Cross
*Brent Albright vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Erick Stevens
Also scheduled are Daizee Haze, Lacey & Jimmy Jacobs, Pelle Primeau, Rex Sterling, Damien Wayne and more

For tickets to Boston and Philadelphia, visit www.ROHWrestling.com. The promotion is currently running a $10 ticket sale for each event, as well as other upcoming live events and different DVDs from their library.

Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness are currently touring for the Australian Wrestling Federation. Danielson defeated McGuinness on 6/1 to capture the World Series Wrestling championship.

PWInsider