As we noted earlier this week exclusively in the PWInsider.com Elite section, Samoa Joe is suffering from a bulging disc in his back, but is expected to make all of his commitments. The guy is a warrior to say the least.

TNA debuts in Sheffield, Alabama tonight with Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles in a Best of Three Falls match and Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle in the top matches. If anyone attends the show, please feel free to submit a live report.

Konnan was interviewed about his health in the latest edition of Alex Marvez' syndicated column. It was noted that a fan may have found Konnan a kidney donor and that other fans have raised thousands towards the operation. "All the sacrifices I've made _ the holidays I've missed because I had to work, the times I got screwed over and lied to by promoters _ this made it worth it," said Konnan. "The fans came through for me when my own company (TNA) didn't." When the subject of LAX's stature on the TNA cards came up, he commented, "We're at a crossroads. TNA can use us and draw the Latino audience they so desperately need plus feature someone that got popular. You'd think business-wise it would behoove them to promote us. But right now, they think I may leave so they're really not promoting us like they should." I don't know about his reasoning for why the team isn't getting a bigger push but it's extremely hard not to realize they are one of the most over acts in the company and haven't been utilized as top tier heels. They have the chance to be for TNA what the Fabulous Freebirds were for World Class and the UWF. You can read the entire article at this link.

Christian Cage will be appearing on Hillbilly Jim's Sirius Radio show. That's going to thrill WWE officials as much as Team 3D and Cage working for King Booker's PWA in Texas.

There will be a dark match at the Slammiversary PPV with local radio DJ Charley vs. Ms. Brooks.

For those of you attending Slammiversary, TNA announced the following special event that will take place as part of that afternoon....TNA Wrestling has joined forces with Nashville's ESPN Radio affiliate (106.7, WNFN) for a special Photo-Op For Charity, to be held at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium on Sunday. From 4:30-5:15, TNA stars Lance Hoyt and Gail Kim will be available for Polaroid photos near the arena's front entrance. Then, from 5:30-6:15, Kevin Nash and Christy Hemme will be available for Polaroid photos just inside the arena's main entrance.

PWInsider