Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Default Benoit Doctor Could Be Charged Today, According To Los Angeles Times

source: latimes.com

Federal drug enforcement investigators raided the office of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's doctor Thursday, and the findings could result in criminal charges by federal prosecutors as soon as today, a law enforcement official said.

Benoit, 40, strangled his wife, Nancy, 43, last Friday and later asphyxiated his 7-year-old son, Daniel, then hanged himself using a weightlifting machine cord over last weekend at their Fayette County, Ga., home.

Benoit's Carrollton, Ga.-based physician, Phil Astin, told the Associated Press on Wednesday that he met with the World Wrestling Entertainment star last Friday and previously had prescribed him testosterone to boost levels of the hormone that were in decline — probably caused by prior steroid use.

Less than 24 hours later, the Drug Enforcement Administration raided Astin's office, focusing on whether Benoit's medical records showed he was prescribed steroids, and if so, whether the prescription was necessary, a law enforcement source told the AP. A DEA spokesman said no arrests were made. Calls to Astin's office went unanswered, and Fayette County Dist. Atty. Scott Ballard could not be reached for comment.

Prescription anabolic steroids were found inside Benoit's home by police on Monday, and Benoit was listed as a customer of a Florida clinic whose owners pleaded guilty to illegal steroid distribution this year.

The steroid discovery raised questions about Benoit's state of mind before the killings and his suicide. Steroids can cause violent mood swings, including depression and paranoia.

County authorities continue to investigate what prompted Benoit's attack. WWE boss Vince McMahon appeared on NBC's "Today" show Thursday and softened from a previous company statement that steroids could not have not resulted in the deaths, saying drug use "may or may not" have triggered the killings.

Bryan Alvarez, an independent wrestler and friend of Benoit's, said it's no secret in the pro wrestling community that some performers work with doctors known in the industry as "mark doctors," who prescribe steroids, painkillers or other performance-enhancing drugs without proper cause.

"Some steroids can't be legally prescribed for injuries," Alvarez said. "I don't know if [Astin's] name showed up on the bottles inside Chris' house, or if he didn't give them for legitimate reasons, but the fact he got raided shows he did something wrong."

Several empty beer cans and an empty wine bottle were found inside the Benoit home, Ballard said.

Investigators also are seeking answers to an allegation that Benoit's Wikipedia page was altered to claim Nancy Benoit was dead in a posting more than 12 hours before authorities found the Benoits' bodies, Fox.com reported Thursday.

benoits doctor could be possibly charged

Screwed up in a HOSTEL the phenomenal sid's Avatar

Damn Benoits Doctor if he is the one who actually prescibed some drugs that caused all this
    [IMG][/IMG]

R.I.P.BENOIT?....f**k that he was sick demented cold blooded killer who destroyed his life his wifes life and HIS 7 YEAR OLD SON. life... i used to have the greatest respect in the world for him but all of that is gone now i hope BENOIT ROTS IN F**KING HELL....

its a shame what goes on in this world.. r.i.p. benoit and his family
    PALESTINIAN KING
    ARAB PRIDE

^Props to Venom

^ Props to Orquiza
    BEN GORDON: 9 - 9 Three Pointers, NBA record

Although I dont like that Chris killed his family and himself, I still say he was a great wrestler and person. Chris wopuld have been a beast on ECW.
    R.I.P.

I have been asked many times do I truly believe Chris Benoit murdered his family and then committed suicide. To be quite honest I'm not sure how to answer this question anymore. I have my own personal beliefs on what I think may or may not have happened but they are just my opinion. I don't really know what went on that tragic weekend and I don't believe we will ever truly know exactly what happened. The only people that could answer that question for us are no longer here. Do I believe all the media speculation that has been said? No. Do I believe that Chris Benoit was an evil man? Definitely not. Do I believe that steroids caused this? No way. I think as hard as it may be we all need to try and move on and let them rest in peace. We all need to start the healing process because I don't know about you but I don't think I have even began to heal yet because all I do is hear about it everywhere I go. Nancy and Chris' family need to be able to mourn the loss of their loved ones. I can just imagine how hard this has been for them. If any of you read this I have all of you in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need anything..I mean anything you know where to find me.

While I'm on this subject I am going to tackle one more question that has to do with Benoit. Many of you have asked me for my personal opinion on what I think about many former wrestlers statements regarding all of this. I firmly believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion and they have the free will to speak it however they like. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. For those who say they agree with everything the WWE has done or said well that's just fine and dandy if you do. I don't. But just like you I have my own freewill. I have been getting criticized by some former wrestlers lately regarding my actions. They think I need to agree with everything the WWE says or does. But I don't..people you need to realize the WWE does not own me. I, John Cena, am a free person that has the free will to say or do what I want. The only thing they own is the WWE Championship that I carry around with pride. I have never been the type of man to deny what I believe in which leads me to the next question. But, I will not go around bashing the company I work for. I know what they have done for me and I appreciate and respect that and I will never say anything negative about any of my employers or coworkers.
    found this on cenas blog, questions answered by cena

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314