Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Local fans respond at a Smackdown/ECW event on their feelings.

Benoit or no Benoit, wrestling fans pack arena
    7/7/2007 10:10:46 PM
    By Danza Johnson
    Daily Journal

TUPELO – Despite professional wrestling’s recent troubles involving Chris Benoit, wrestling fans still packed the BancorpSouth Arena Saturday night for "The Biggest Party of the Summer."

Chris Miller, 24, was one of thousands who flooded the Arena to see the likes of Ric Flair, Batista, Edge and several other wrestlers from WWE Smackdown, the ECW & the Condemned. Even though he was a fan of Benoit, Miller said the show must go on.

"I’m a huge wrestling fan," said Miller. "I’ve been watching these guys for years, so I wasn’t going to miss this one. It’s sad what happened to Benoit and his family, but it won’t turn me away from wrestling. Benoit was a good wrestler, he always went 100 percent. I’m gonna miss seeing him in the ring."

On June 22, Benoit and his wife and son were found dead in their Georgia home in an apparent murder-suicide. Benoit apparently strangled his wife and suffocated his 7-year-old son before hanging himself. Steroids were found in the home after the murders.

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over the weekend and discovered Monday. No suicide note was found.
    Cody Stanford, 16, also was a Benoit fan.

"He was a good wrestler," said Stanford, "but I don’t understand why he did what he did. He was not the only wrestler I liked, so I’m still gonna support the sport and continue to cheer for the guys I like to watch. It is weird to be here just a couple of weeks after all that happened though."

Kelley Doyle, 16, and Memory Myhre, 14, were also among the wrestling fans. They both said Benoit’s unfortunate situation would not keep them away from the sport.

Not everyone felt as secure in the sport’s future since Benoit’s death. Jeffrey Meeks and his two sons Jamal and Kyle attended the event. But the person they called the biggest fan, Jeffrey’s wife Sandra, decided to sit this one out.

"She just decided not to come this time," said Jeffrey. "We’ve gone as far as Atlanta to see a match, but she didn’t feel good about coming since the Benoit incident. It was unfortunate, but I don’t think it’s a reflection of the whole sport."

Article can be found here.

So...apperently The Condemned is a wrestling brand that tours with Smackdown and ECW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    So...apperently The Condemned is a wrestling brand that tours with Smackdown and ECW?
    lol good point, i hate typos . Unless they were showing the movie as well but I don't think so.