Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Talking Something I Noticed About the NWA Name Used at Victory Road

So I mention this only because I like to catch other people's mistakes(yes I know I am a bastard about it. ) On last Sunday's PPV Victory Road, I noticed that when BG James did his opening "Ladies and Gentlemen" routine, he said "soon to be NWA Tag Team Champions."

Now I can excuse BG on this for two reasons. One is that he's old and his memory is fading a bit, and the other is that the last time that he even sniffed the Tag Titles they were the old NWA belts.

If that wasn't bad enough however, before the Match of Champions began TNA showed screens of all of the titles that would be in the match. The X Division Title came up with no problems, but BOTH the Heavyweight & Tag Titles still said NWA. Now that's inexcusable from the production staff! How can you honestly not catch that? You want to promote the hell out of your new titles, and your vignettes still say NWA on them?

I almost feel like this should be in rants, but just something that picked up on that I wanted to share.

On the bench!

You forgot all the crack BG sniffs, oh and he does a lot of coke.

Remember The Name

Quote Originally Posted by Flair Country View Post
    If that wasn't bad enough however, before the Match of Champions began TNA showed screens of all of the titles that would be in the match. The X Division Title came up with no problems, but BOTH the Heavyweight & Tag Titles still said NWA. Now that's inexcusable from the production staff! How can you honestly not catch that? You want to promote the hell out of your new titles, and your vignettes still say NWA on them?
    Yeah, that one was pretty obvious. I'm guessing they just never updated the graphic since that last PPV title match. It might not necessarily be the production staff's fault, because someone should have told them that they needed to make a new one. At least Mike Tenay caught it and didn't say "NWA" world championship. You can tell that he was about to because as soon as the graphic showed up, his speech froze for a couple seconds.