Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Thread: Matt or Jeff

Default Matt or Jeff

This thread was inspired by the Matt Hardy thread. People started bringing in Jeff Hardy to the thread so I thought we would discuss who's better. Both Jeff and Matt lack mic skill's. Jeff has a lot of charisma but that doesn't mean with charisma come's mic skill's. Matt lack's charisma. So Jeff has 1 over Matt. When it come's to in ring ability, I'm going with Matt. I'll explain by describing one of my favorite matches for each superstar starting with Jeff.

Jeff Hardy vs. Aj Style's from TNA. Jeff Hardy just came into TNA so it was an exciting moment for everyone. Aj Style's was building himself up in the rank's of the X division. These two style's in the ring were set to make chemistry. Hardy looked to be the veteran in the match but AJ holded his own knowing the six sided ring. The match ended with interference from Kid Kash which was great to bring Hardy in as a strong face competing in the X division.

Matt Hardy vs. Roderich Strong from ROH is a great match with perfect-like phsycology. Hardy came into ROH beating both Homicide and Christopher Daniel's. He debuted a new submission finisher called the butter fly effect. He made C. Daniel's tap in his debut and beat Homicide, but I forgot how as I don't remember that match as I seen it sometime last year. Anyway's Hardy was undefeated in ROH but the man of 1000 neck breaker's was having trouble winning matches. So everyone thought Strong was going to loose. Great phsycology so far. Hardy lock's in the butter fly effect and everyone though Strong was going to loose. Strong got out and eventually won with some move off the top but I could be wrong. Again, I saw this match like last year or in late '05.

Overall, Hardy's match was better as you can see but many would argue those are just two matches. If you do, I'd be glad to compare Umaga vs. Hardy from thsi past GAB and MVP vs. Hardy at GAB. I know I took matches from different brand's but I put this into the WWE section because of the fact, both guy's are in WWE.

both have potential its not that they dont have mic skills either its that they are never on the mic therefore their characters suffer matt hardy version 1.0 was great though. I cant decide i hope they both become world champs
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Cool 4 Ya View Post
    This thread was inspired by the Matt Hardy thread. People started bringing in Jeff Hardy to the thread so I thought we would discuss who's better. Both Jeff and Matt lack mic skill's. Jeff has a lot of charisma but that doesn't mean with charisma come's mic skill's. Matt lack's charisma. So Jeff has 1 over Matt
    dude, are you crazy? Matt has a LOT of charisma! And on the mic Matt is 100 times better than Jeff. I never understood why TNA called Jeff "The Charismatic Enigma" when he has damn near NO charisma. Matt is a great in-ring performer, but Jeff is too (not technically, but in the high flying style) So aside from charisma I would say they're basically equal, both deserve to be world champion in my book.
    The A-Listers

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

I'm not sure ether one's better then the other. They both do different things better then the other. Jeff is more of a risk taker and high flyer kind of wrestler. Matt is more of a mid flyer wrestler that uses a ground attack. Thats why they made a good team and still do when they team up.

RIP JC

jeff was gone for too long and matt is the better wrestler

Main Eventer

Jeff is better than Matt...

Ring Crew

They both are good but jeff as a bigger fan base.

Jeff is a lot better than Matt. His matches are just much better to watch...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remember The Name

I think Jeff is more entertaining in the ring, but the poetic justice here is that he takes just as many risks outside the ring as he does inside. He can't keep himself clean, and all these years he's never been serious about fixing his personal life. Matt is the only Hardy that seems to be reliable and trustworthy, and overall, I think he simply fits better in WWE's brand of wrestling.

What is Greatness? How do you define it?