Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

On the bench!

Unhappy LAX Incident over the past weekend

Big Incident With LAX This Past Weekend?, Details Inside
    Report by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 07/29/2007 at 10:57 PM

The following is an article by Mike Mooneyham posted on charleston.net:

Pro wrestling great Bret Hart once said his proudest accomplishment in the wrestling business was that he never seriously hurt an opponent.

And that should be the goal of every performer who makes his living in the mat trade. A pro wrestler's main responsibility during the course of a match is to protect the body of his "rival." That, according to North Carolina-based promoter Thomas Simpson, didn't happen in a recent match involving one of his charges.

Kirby "Krazy K" Mack, part of the high-flying young duo known as Team Macktion along with brother T.J., suffered a collapsed lung during a tag-team match with LAX (Homicide and Hernandez) on July 20 in Myrtle Beach. The incident, claims Simpson, was reckless and totally avoidable.

Mack, 23, was hospitalized at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center over the weekend and missed the third leg of UWF's Rock 'N Roll Express Tag-Team Championship which kicked off July 19 in North Charleston and concluded July 21 in Columbia. He should be back in action in a few weeks, says Simpson, but it's the "lack of professionalism" that has Simpson steamed.

"In my 15 years of promoting and having ordered some fairly unprofessional things in the ring, I have never, ever witnessed anything more unprofessional than the way LAX, particularly Hernandez, acted toward the boys," said Simpson, founder of the North-Carolina based OMEGA promotion that spawned such stars as The Hardys, Joey Mercury and Shannon Moore. "Hernandez didn't even have the decency to come over to the boys and ask how they were doing after the match."
    More On The LAX Incident - Blown Out Of Proportion?
    Report by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 07/29/2007 at 11:10 PM

The following e-mail was sent by Kirby Mack to several websites regarding the statement made in the Mike Mooneyham column regarding what Thomas Sampson viewed as Homicide and "Hotstuff" Hernandez:

I want to issue this statement on the article released about LAX, our match, and my injury. Please feel free to use this on your site.

On July 20th, in Myrtle Beach, SC, we were fortunate enough to participate in the Rock N Roll Cup for Hermie Sadler’s UWF. TJ and I had the pleasure of working LAX that night. In an unfortunate but unavoidable turn of events I suffered a punctured lung. However, I was not injured while going into this match as stated. In my previous update post on MySpace I gave the medical definition of my condition.

Three years ago (around the same time) I suffered a Spontaneous Pneumothorax (take note on the key word there, SPONTANEOUS). To clear things up, a Spontaneous Pneumothorax is a sudden collection of air or gas in the chest that causes the lung to collapse in the absence of a traumatic injury to the chest or lung. (*Defined on http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35772 American Lung Association site). Once you suffer a SPONTANEOUS Pneumothorax your chances of suffering it again increase.

You can have this reoccurrence at anytime: while driving, singing, sneezing or sleeping - unfortunately it happened in the ring. This being my second Pneumothorax I now have to undergo surgery to make sure this doesn’t happen again. I in no way contribute LAX to my injury nor do I think they were unsafe with me.

As far as the article goes that was written about the incident, they were not any of my thoughts or words. Thomas, while no secret is a friend of mine, does not speak for me and gave his own thoughts and opinions on the matter. I was not contacted nor asked what my thoughts on the match were.

Though sometimes Thomas believes his intentions are for the better, they end up hurting more than helping. I’ve tried to explain this to Thomas before but he is very passionate about his friends and speaks his mind when he feels compelled to. It basically comes down to this, I suffered a severe yet unavoidable injury and it unfortunately happened in the ring.

TJ and myself hold no animosity towards LAX. We thank them for the opportunity and look forward to one day meeting them in the ring again. I just want to apologize to TNA Wrestling, and LAX for any inconveniences that may have been caused by this situation and article.

Now someone book a rematch this could be a “Slobberknocker”!
    I guess that means things got blown out of proportion pretty bad. It's unprofessional imo

Ring Crew

It good to see a wrestler clear up a situation before branding LAX unsafe to be
    in the ring with that hurts lots of careers

That was really cool of Kirby Mack to come out and defend Hernandez like that. He could have just kept his mouth shut and let the fans berate Hernandez for his actions, instead he raised the stock of both Hernandez and himself. It's good to see that every now and then.

Remember The Name

Well "Mike Mooneyham" really did jump to a big conclusion without really knowing anything about what happened. He put a completely negative spin on the whole thing. Shame on him.

What is Greatness? How do you define it?