Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Reports indicate that Pacman Jones's contract would prohibit him from entering TNA.

The Tennessean reported this morning that The Tennessee Titans' contract would prohibit Pacman Jones from entering a TNA ring. "That type of thing is not permitted in accordance with the player's contract,'' Coach Jeff Fisher told the newspaper.

Initial reports from TNA sources indicated Jones would be utilized at least once as a wrestler as part of a deal the company is said to have put together. It's possible the media attention given to the situation has caused the Titans organization, which I was told initially was supportive of the venture, to have second thoughts.

TNA's Public Relations head, Steven Godrey, told The Tennessean, ""We have no comment right now. But a TNA statement is forthcoming in the next couple of days regarding the situation.''

The initial belief was that an official announcement would be coming today. A number of media outlets have picked up the story in the last day.

The read the complete article, click here.

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

For the guy I don't really care for but I will defend him on this one. The Titans are stupid I don't see what they care really their going to release him when it's possible to release him. But this could be good for TNA because I think this guy is a bad mistake and a problem waiting to happen.

RIP JC

The Superczar Glorious Maxxwell's Avatar

I hope it does prohibit him, but then again, his contract would just be a waste of money

Only being selfish, I am glad that he wont be wrestling in TNA. They need to stop bringing in non-wrestlers as publicity and focus more on improving their product, i.e. give us a damn X Division match on TV once in awhile!

Update:

The Associated Press has put out an article on controversial NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones and his involvement with TNA Wrestling, including several quotes from his agent, Michael Huyghue.

Concerning Jones' NFL contract, which prohibits him from taking part in non-football activities that could cause injury, and how his team, the Tennessee Titans, feel about him working with TNA, Huyghue is quoted as saying ""I think the club wants to see him do something, obviously, while we've got this time off before we report back. His intent is only to make appearances and do things and not get into any kind of physical activity that's going to jeopardize his health."

Worrick Robinson, an attorney for Jones, said that TNA first approached Jones "weeks ago" about the appearance. Worrick was quoted in the article as saying, "Anyone who has seen wrestling knows there are other opportunities to be involved," (besides actually wrestling).

You can read the full article by clicking here.

On the bench!

Unhappy Agent: Pacman Jones Won't Wrestle For TNA During NFL Ban

The following article was written by the Associated Press:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Adam "Pacman" Jones won't be wrestling for TNA Entertainment during his season-long suspension from the NFL.

But the Tennessee Titans cornerback may participate with TNA Wrestling in other ways, according to his agent.

The contract hasn't been signed yet, and TNA declined to comment Tuesday except to say an announcement is expected by the end of the week.

Agent Michael Huyghue said he is mindful that Jones' NFL contract prohibits non-football activities that could cause injury. He said they have talked with the Titans about Jones' plans with TNA.

"I think the club wants to see him do something, obviously, while we've got this time off before we report back," Huyghue said. "His intent is only to make appearances and do things and not get into any kind of physical activity that's going to jeopardize his health.

"He's looking for a number of things obviously to occupy his time."

Jones' attorney Worrick Robinson said TNA first approached Jones weeks ago and talks resumed in the past few days.

"Anyone who has seen wrestling knows there are other opportunities to be involved," Robinson said.

Huyghue said Jones' first appearance with TNA could come the weekend his teammates start their preseason schedule. The Titans' first exhibition game is against Washington on Aug. 11.

Jones was suspended for the 2007 season in April for conduct detrimental to the NFL, and he can have his case reviewed after the Titans' 10th game, which is Nov. 19 at Denver.

He has been arrested six times since being drafted by the Titans in April 2005, including June 22 when he turned himself in on two felony counts of coercion in a Las Vegas strip club fight that left a man paralyzed.

Last week, the league denied Jones' bid to attend training camp.

When he was suspended, Jones was given several requirements to meet, including devising a community service program that must be approved by the NFL. The league declined to comment Tuesday on whether Jones has come up with such a plan or if it had been approved.

His agent is checking with the registrar at West Virginia University to see if Jones can take courses toward his degree online because he plans to stay in the Jacksonville, Fla., area and work out during his suspension.

Jones won't start losing his $1.3 million salary until the first game checks are issued in September.

"The fine was a significant penalty, unprecedented in the league," Huyghue said. "I'm sure he's mindful of the fact that's a significant amount of money."

does this guy even know anything about wrestling? or is tna so desperate they are trying to get anyone to help their shitty ratings?
    < Thanks Eragon

< Thanks Joe