Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Talking Congress Contacts TNA & NWA on Steroid Use

You knew this was coming sooner or later. Rep. Cliff Stearns' office formally requested drug program details from Total Non-stop Action and the National Wrestling Alliance on Monday. (Think the "Pacman" attention speeded up the process?) TNA and the NWA have until 8/28 to comply.

Gerweck

I did a little more searching and found the actual letter that was sent to TNA...

The complete letter sent to TNA President Dixie Carter yesterday by Congress reads as follows:

August 13, 2007

Ms. Dixie Carter
    President
    Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    209 10th Avenue South, Suite 302
    Nashville , Tennessee 37203

Dear Ms. Carter:

We are writing to request information regarding the response of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) to allegations of pervasive use of steroids and other drugs by professional wrestlers. The tragic death of Mr. Chris Benoit and his family has focused attention on the seriousness of the problem. Illegal steroid use in professional sports has gained plenty of attention, but the record suggests that the problem is most pervasive and deadly in pro wrestling, an unregulated form of entertainment that is watched on TV and in arenas by an estimated 20 million fans a week, including children. See e.g., attached USA TODAY investigative report, "High death rate lingers behind fun facade of pro wrestling."

As Chairman and Ranking Member, respectively, of the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, the subcommittee with jurisdiction over sports-related matters, we are monitoring this situation very closely. We request a briefing on this matter at the earliest possible time We also are considering a hearing on this matter, and whether there is a need for Federal regulation to protect the health and safety of the wrestlers. In the 109 th Congress, the Subcommittee held a hearing on "Steroids in Sports: Cheating the System and Gambling Your Health," and reported legislation, H.R. 1862, the Drug Free Sports Act

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. implemented a Talent Wellness Program in February 2006. Please advise the Subcommittee by close of business on August 28, 2007, whether TNA has adopted a similar program. If so, please provide the Subcommittee with a copy of your program, as well as any other relevant records detailing the specifics of the program as well as TNA' s implementation and interpretation thereof. Records include memoranda, correspondence, and electronic communications. Please also describe any and all actions that TNA has taken - either within or outside any such program - to detect and prevent steroid abuse. Information, including the aggregate number of random tests conducted in each month this year, would assist the Subcommittee in its review, and we request that you provide that information, as well. We are sending similar information requests to other wrestling leagues.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us, or have your staff contact Christian Tomatsu Fjeld or Consuela Washington with the Majority Committee staff at (202) 225-2927 or Brian McCullough or Will Carty with the Minority Committee staff at (202) 225-3641.

Sincerely,

Bobby L. Rush
    Chairman
    Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection

Cliff Stearns
    Ranking Member
    Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection

Attachment
    cc: The Honorable John D. Dingell, Chairman
    Committee on Energy and Commerce

The Honorable Joe Barton, Ranking Member
    Committee on Energy and Commerce

PWInsider

this will be a problem for tna
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

The Stingers Smartypants Vick Diesel's Avatar

Smile

I honestly feel that this is a good thing, and TNA should comply, this way we can find out if anyone is doing any kind of illicit drugs or steroids, and those wrestlers can get the help they need before it's too late!

Sting76

[IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/mh.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Burning-Flower-psd38777.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Untitled-1-1997.png[/*IMG]

I would say a few are in TNA, I would have to say Test is still on them or has recently quit. He is still a large man, alot larger than he use to be but in saying that, he has decreased in size since leaving WWE.

amazing, is everybody on roids these days?