Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'll end this right now. Sure TNA is taking WWE stars. So what. Look who they have taken. C. Cage, a guy that was overlooked in the WWE. So I'm happy they pushed him when they got him there. Kurt Angle. The guy in my mind is the best wrestler pound for pound right now. Then there's Dustin. Look I liked the guy in WCW but couldn't stand the Goldust thing and don't like him the more I watch him. The thing about this whole mess is that if they are pulling a WCW, then there ratings should be through the roof. Which there not. Also they've only taken a few stars compared to WCW and TNA has taken two stars that are way in their prime compared to has beens that should have retired. I give TNA another 2 years and they should be right in line with WWE. Some people say we would never see another WCW/WWF feud. I think we will. If TNA keeps bringing in the right stars they could very well be better than the WWE in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    simple history lesson... ex wwe/f stars go to wcw .... wcw dies... see a pattern here? ex wwe stars go to tna, people hate tna and thier ratings are poor...hmmmmm
    Actually when the ex-wwf guys went to wcw, wcw almost destroyed the wwf by stealing their audience and beating them in the ratings for 83 consecutive weeks while literally making billions of dollars for Turner. WCW died because they were poorly managed, not because they raided vince's roster.

On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Actually when the ex-wwf guys went to wcw, wcw almost destroyed the wwf by stealing their audience and beating them in the ratings for 83 consecutive weeks while literally making billions of dollars for Turner. WCW died because they were poorly managed, not because they raided vince's roster.
    I always understood it that all those nwo boys and bischoff drove the company in the ground... they ran all the shows won when they wanted too, and wrestled when they felt like it... so to me which most of the nwo guys where ex wwfers and the end result when they got lazy was they killed wcw.. i know about the rating and everything, but in the end THEY killed it, that and david arquet as champ LOL

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

WCW went out of business because they lost their bank roll in Ted Turner who stopped shelling money out at the end like he did at the start of the WCW movement. Number 2 they didn't develop young stars when they had the chance. Then they started letting the young talent they did have leave for the WWE.

RIP JC

On the bench!

Well we can definetly see the same pattern in TNA where ex-wwe guys go to TNA, some jumped ship like Christian Cage and Kurt Angle (arguably). Sting, a hugely popular figure arrived in TNA and did little for the ratings, maybe boost it a bit to like 0.8 or so. I think back in the day of the NWO, it was a storyline where the Outsiders came in and all, it looked kind of real, people were confused, right now people just read eveyrthing on the internet, everyone knows what's gonna happen, they know whats going on and they are not suprised by it anymore. Test came in. Big suprise! No not really, it was not a big shock factor, sure it was a suprise but it's nothing like back in the day. I think they need to think of new things like things that would even make the smarks go like that wasnt suppose to happen. I wouldnt be suprised if some talents aren't resigning with TNA, just because they are frustrated or feel bad, busting their asses and not getting to actually shine. That's TNA's backbone just like the cruiserweights were WCW's backbone back in the day, now that's something that hasn't changed. If guys like Daniels, Senshi, Sabin, Shelley and Machismo would quit you'd have no actual Total Nonstop Action Wrestling anymore just boring wrestling...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12