Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Talking This Guy Nails Why I am a TNA Fan!

Welcome to a special, early edition of The SmartMark Knows. I wanted to write a quick piece about the response I have received after my last column, but being the long winded bastard that I am, this quick piece turned into a column of its own. I wrote this not as a SmartMark, but as a wrestling fan. This is for the loyal fans of TNA wrestling. I think it is something that needs to be said, in one way or another. Thanks.

I don.t seem to be able to write about any other topic in TNA these days, because this one situation is so dire that it may bring down the entire company, and that scares the hell out of me.

The current condition of TNA, both on the air and in the back is deteriorating week by week. This problem has disturbed so many people in the business, both fans and workers that I am seriously concerned about the future of TNA as a whole.

I really don.t think a two hour show can save them at this point, because it seems that one of the main decisions sits atop the shoulders of Samoa Joe. For if Joe leaves, who will be next? Daniels? AJ? Sabin? Will they be followed by a vast majority of the X division?
    And if that were to happen, what would TNA do with their new two-hour show?

Oh wait, what was I thinking?
    They don.t need those guys!
    By that time they.ll have RVD and Big Show, Brock Lesner and Jericho. God only knows who else! Why the hell should they waste their time making new stars when there are all these established superstars waiting in the wings?

See, I.m being sarcastic, but they think these ideas are great. How can this be happening?

Imagine how bad things must be backstage, for Joe to even consider going to the WWE. The man isn.t new to this business, he knows what will inevitably happen to his character in the hands of Vince McMahon. They.ll mid card his ass from the beginning and he.ll be under utilized even more than he is now.

Eventually becoming nothing but a new face amidst all the big men and B. S. He.ll probably fight Umaga in a Samoan Death Match or some damn thing and eventually end up on ECW.

We cannot continue to sit idly by and watch this happen. Those of us who have supported this company from the beginning need to stand up and speak out. We have been buying their merchandise, going to their House Shows and purchasing every PPV they put out, because we believed that TNA was building something special. Something that, if given the chance to succeed, just might save this business.

You have no idea how many emails I have received since my last column was posted. So many people are pissed off about this entire situation and many feel that there is nothing they can do about it. I think that is what truly frustrates the masses, the fact that no one in the company will listen to them anymore.

We must not allow apathy to get the best of us.

Many people say that TNA is going to end up like WCW. I don.t believe that anymore because in the first place, TNA is nothing like WCW. That company was owned and operated by a billion dollar corporation long before they began to fall.

TNA was the first wrestling organization since the downfall of the real ECW, to speak out to its fans and give them what they needed. They provided a reason to watch professional wrestling other than brand loyalty.

When the X Division first crashed onto the shores of the wrestling world I found myself getting swept up in the excitement of pro wrestling like I had when I was a child. Some may say that I.m being too melodramatic, or that it.s just a wrestling show, so why let it get you down?

Maybe I am being too dramatic. All I know, is that TNA gave the real wrestling fans something they had not seen in years. WRESTLING, the way it should be done.

Thanks for your time.
    Joshua Coy

TNAWrestlingNews

I LOVED TNA when it first started up and to me 2004 was the turning point (no pun intended) when it turned from wrestling to sports entertainment. Producing a weekly show with sponsors and such turned the product and seemingly nobody knew it at the time.

It has since become a rushed cliched booking mess far beyond repair. Maybe TNA's downfall is that it listens to the fans too much. So many fans don't know what they want anyway much less know what they're talking about.

"Have you ever noticed that the guys that do all the talking about being the 'best in the industry' always seem to live up to it the least?" -Shawn Michaels