Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Eel, your just an idiot. Raw will get better now that the one man who gives it his all is gone? Yeah, right. Name one person who tries harder than Cena does, on the mic or in the ring, week after week. He took the lead spot in the WWE for 3 years now, without taking breaks, EVEN while filming a movie. He gets the biggest reaction out of the fans week after week, be it love or hate. Cena IS Raw, and this is going to be a HUGE loss.

Mark my words, over half of the Cena haters will be hailing him as a saint come his return. H
    Edge.

Granted he isn't on RAW, but you didn't specify.

I would have said Shawn Michaels too, more so for in-ring performance, but it doesn't look like he is coming back now anyways.

You Know The Name... Reinheimer's Avatar

It will be very interesting to see what happens on Raw now that John Cena is out with his injury. Realistically I don't think that there will be much to worry about. Triple H is still on the roster, and I'm sure that Shawn Michaels will be returning very soon. Young superstars who are definately allegable to be contenders for the WWE Championship are Randy Orton, Mr. Kennedy, and Bobby Lashley (when he returns). Plus with the talk of a possible Y2J return happening, they won't be worrying too much at all. I think this will be a great time to start pushing Randy Orton as a top heel. It's been too long since we've had a decent heel champion other than Edge. He really needs a good title run too. Don't know who his main opponent will be (hopefully the person he faces at No Mercy), but it would still be good for him as champion for a while.

As for it being better, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Viscera and boogeyman matches?
    Hopefully he meant CM Punk....

Quote Originally Posted by Flair Country View Post
    Edge.

Granted he isn't on RAW, but you didn't specify.

I would have said Shawn Michaels too, more so for in-ring performance, but it doesn't look like he is coming back now anyways.
    I won't say Edge doesn't give it his all, but try harder than Cena? Let's look at it like this: which one of the two of them can do it without having to fall back on substance abuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You Know The Name... Reinheimer's Avatar

I myself wouldn't say that Cena is the hardest working mic and in ring worker. He does have a lot of matches and promos, but it's mostly just driven off the fans reactions or the opponent. One person who tries harder than Cena in all aspects in wrestling is MVP. While John Cena is making jokes with Grisham, MVP is over on Smackdown hyping up himself, and furthering his fued with Matt Hardy. While Cena is just looking for a pop or having the 'last word', MVP is over on Smackdown and casually talking and keeping the whole skit he's in exciting. Even in the ring MVP works harder than Cena. You have Cena almost doing the same thing every match and the same thing that he's been doing for the past 3 years (sure it gets a pop, but is that really because Cena's a hard worker?), then you have MVP over on Smackdown who continues to improve his game every single week, and his matches are far more deeper they were last year and half of this year. This is only one example. I know that Cena may get the bigger pops, and wrestles a lot, but IMO MVP is a much HARDER working wrestler than Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheimer View Post
    I myself wouldn't say that Cena is the hardest working mic and in ring worker. He does have a lot of matches and promos, but it's mostly just driven off the fans reactions or the opponent. One person who tries harder than Cena in all aspects in wrestling is MVP. While John Cena is making jokes with Grisham, MVP is over on Smackdown hyping up himself, and furthering his fued with Matt Hardy. While Cena is just looking for a pop or having the 'last word', MVP is over on Smackdown and casually talking and keeping the whole skit he's in exciting. Even in the ring MVP works harder than Cena. You have Cena almost doing the same thing every match and the same thing that he's been doing for the past 3 years (sure it gets a pop, but is that really because Cena's a hard worker?), then you have MVP over on Smackdown who continues to improve his game every single week, and his matches are far more deeper they were last year and half of this year. This is only one example. I know that Cena may get the bigger pops, and wrestles a lot, but IMO MVP is a much HARDER working wrestler than Cena.
    The content of a promo doesn't mean it has more hard work in it, nor does the quality of the match. MVP is brand new still, just been here a year, and when he first showed up he was awful. It wasn't until the Benoit fued that he stepped up his game, which gives him around half a year of actually giving it his all.

So, does MVP's half a year of hard work beat Cena's 3 year stint in the main event scene? I'm not saying MVP isn't a hard worker, but let's see what he would do given a WWE movie. Would he fly back to RAW every week like Cena did, or would he take a break? Can MVP tore constantly, never complaining or asking for time off, for the better part of 3 years as champion (and however long before that since his last break) until he is forced out with an injury?

MVP is still WAY too green at all of this to make any assumptions on how he will be come five years from now. So no, I don't think MVP puts in more hard work than Cena, although he does put in a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

I have to agree with Reinheimer MVP is a very hard worker. Don't be surprised by this time next year he maybe champion on RAW.

RIP JC

Main Eventer

I meant CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Tommy Dreamer, Kevin Thorn.

Cena off of WWE TV is not really a good thing, as much as I don;t like the guy, he brings in the ratings.

I think this could be a very interesting period for WWE. Look for the young guys (Carlito, Shelton, Kennedy) to get pushed more and then some of the top guys who haven't got the chance to get that chance (Hardy, Orton, Umaga).

I would like to see Shelton and Hardy get some big pushes personally. And Kennedy or Orton...even The Game....as champion.

Main Eventer

To me, last night's RAW was MUCH better than any RAW I saw when Cena was WWE Champion. I was actually surprised and impressed by the WHOLE show and not just parts like I normally am. If Cena didn't speak on RAW last night, it would have been perfect. Someone tell me I am wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by clayness14 View Post
    Cena off of WWE TV is not really a good thing, as much as I don;t like the guy, he brings in the ratings.

I think this could be a very interesting period for WWE. Look for the young guys (Carlito, Shelton, Kennedy) to get pushed more and then some of the top guys who haven't got the chance to get that chance (Hardy, Orton, Umaga).

I would like to see Shelton and Hardy get some big pushes personally. And Kennedy or Orton...even The Game....as champion.

Yea, all those guys will get pushes, then Cena will come back and make them all look like idiots. I probably wouldn't hate Cena as much as i do if he didn't always win. All of his matches are so predictable its scary, he gets beat down for the majority of the match, then BOOM! Five moves of doom, and Cena wins. Without Cena on Raw, things will be better entertainent wise imo,but bad for business.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast