Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    Yea, all those guys will get pushes, then Cena will come back and make them all look like idiots. I probably wouldn't hate Cena as much as i do if he didn't always win. All of his matches are so predictable its scary, he gets beat down for the majority of the match, then BOOM! Five moves of doom, and Cena wins. Without Cena on Raw, things will be better entertainent wise imo,but bad for business.
    Exactly what I was thinking. RAW was really good last night, but according to ratings it didn't do too well...

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    To me, last night's RAW was MUCH better than any RAW I saw when Cena was WWE Champion. I was actually surprised and impressed by the WHOLE show and not just parts like I normally am. If Cena didn't speak on RAW last night, it would have been perfect. Someone tell me I am wrong...
    You are wrong. Last night's RAW was good, but it wasn't the best RAW I've see in a long time. We all walked away loving it because of the great ending with HBK's return, but that's just one part. Cena talking was great last night. He's injured, and he STILL comes back and manages to make both Triple H and Orton look better just by talking about them, meanwhile still making everyone laugh. The only other really good part about RAW was Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy, and that's happened before as well.

Other than that, what happened? Crap diva fight? A handicap against Triple H with Umaga in it (first of all, really stupid to put him in four hard matches in 24 hours, second anything with Umaga in it sucks). Let's not forget Vince...he was in there a lot. Does that make for good tv for you?

I get you don't like Cena. Your an idiot, and completely unreasonable about it, but I get it. I don't get why you are going above and beyond to trash Cena. At least all the other Cena haters can respect him for what he's done for the company. Your just ignorant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You are wrong. Last night's RAW was good, but it wasn't the best RAW I've see in a long time. We all walked away loving it because of the great ending with HBK's return, but that's just one part. Cena talking was great last night. He's injured, and he STILL comes back and manages to make both Triple H and Orton look better just by talking about them, meanwhile still making everyone laugh. The only other really good part about RAW was Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy, and that's happened before as well.

Other than that, what happened? Crap diva fight? A handicap against Triple H with Umaga in it (first of all, really stupid to put him in four hard matches in 24 hours, second anything with Umaga in it sucks). Let's not forget Vince...he was in there a lot. Does that make for good tv for you?

I get you don't like Cena. Your an idiot, and completely unreasonable about it, but I get it. I don't get why you are going above and beyond to trash Cena. At least all the other Cena haters can respect him for what he's done for the company. Your just ignorant.
    The diva match was NOT crap, Umaga is decent and Vince is always on RAW a lot... I respect all his hard work but IMO Cena does NOT deserve to be where he is at and if anyone else who people know is better than Cena were given the chance and push that Cena was given, they would be MUCH more liked and talented than Cena is. Cena could possibly get my full respect someday, but that day is very far to me.

The diva match was NOT crap, Umaga is decent and Vince is always on RAW a lot... I respect all his hard work but IMO Cena does NOT deserve to be where he is at and if anyone else who people know is better than Cena were given the chance and push that Cena was given, they would be MUCH more liked and talented than Cena is. Cena could possibly get my full respect someday, but that day is very far to me.
    Cena DOES deserve to be where he was. There are few others who put in the same amount of passion or work into everything they do in the WWE. I'm not saying there aren't others...there are. And they are all main event: Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Edge, Undertaker. Cena is a good wrestler, great at cutting promos, and will do everything he can to make the company better. To me, that screams "deserves to be at the top".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cena DOES deserve to be where he was. There are few others who put in the same amount of passion or work into everything they do in the WWE. I'm not saying there aren't others...there are. And they are all main event: Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Edge, Undertaker. Cena is a good wrestler, great at cutting promos, and will do everything he can to make the company better. To me, that screams "deserves to be at the top".
    Michaels, Triple H, Edge and Undertaker all put in the same amount of work and passion as Cena? Michaels can still be great when he wants to be, which doesn't seem to be his goal anymore. HHH was great, 5 years ago, undertaker is an old has been that wrestles once a month and edge is a midcarder at best but got a shot at the big times when he had an affair.

Main Eventer

Everything you said there makes sense EXCEPT that Cena is a good wrestler. I don't know if something is wrong with my vision or my TV but everytime I see Cena in a match, the other person has to pull Cena and then Cena picks a good time to implement the moves that will get the crowd going... I admit I have seen a VERY FEW matches that I have seen Cena do fairly well in, so that leads me to believe that he can wrestle or at least has the potential to...

Everything you said there makes sense EXCEPT that Cena is a good wrestler. I don't know if something is wrong with my vision or my TV but everytime I see Cena in a match, the other person has to pull Cena and then Cena picks a good time to implement the moves that will get the crowd going... I admit I have seen a VERY FEW matches that I have seen Cena do fairly well in, so that leads me to believe that he can wrestle or at least has the potential to...
    I suggest you go watch some of the following matches:
    -ANY Cena vs Edge match
    -Cena vs Michaels 1 and 2 (wrestlemania 23 and RAW)
    -Cena vs Bobby Lashley (GAB 2007)
    -Cena vs Orton 1 (2 had the crap ending, and 3 never happened)
    -Cena vs Triple H (WM 22)
    -Compare Cena vs Khali to any Batista vs Khali, Cena carries Khali fairly well, given the cirumstances. Same goes for Cena vs Umaga compared to the Bobby Lashley vs Umaga fights.

Those are all just off the top of my head. Cena isn't the best wrestler, but he's a good wrestler. He isn't carried through all those matches either, he brings a lot to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

I have to agree with tommy Cena isn't the best wrestler but he is a good wrestler.

Some people watch wrestling but truthfully are they actually watching the match or just watching?

RIP JC

Main Eventer

I suggest you go watch some of the following matches:
    -ANY Cena vs Edge match
    -Cena vs Michaels 1 and 2 (wrestlemania 23 and RAW)
    -Cena vs Bobby Lashley (GAB 2007)
    -Cena vs Orton 1 (2 had the crap ending, and 3 never happened)
    -Cena vs Triple H (WM 22)
    -Compare Cena vs Khali to any Batista vs Khali, Cena carries Khali fairly well, given the cirumstances. Same goes for Cena vs Umaga compared to the Bobby Lashley vs Umaga fights.

Those are all just off the top of my head. Cena isn't the best wrestler, but he's a good wrestler. He isn't carried through all those matches either, he brings a lot to them.
    I've seen most of them and I would have to say those are the only near-good/good ones. Three of them utilizing superior superstars(Edge, HBK and HHH) and those being the only good ones, while the Lashley and Khali ones were trash IMO(though Cena did a better job with Khali than Batista) and the Cena vs Umaga matches were better than the Lashley vs Umaga ones mainly I guess because they were flooded with McMahons/bad stipulations on the side. The HBK vs Cena at WM23 was good only because of HBK but the one the night after was one of the best matches I have ever seen. I know Cena has had "some" good matches but why should a person who only has "some" good matches be so hyped and praised by being WWE Champion for more than a year while others who continually put on good matches are not? Trust me, if Cena were given like an extra year or so in mid-card before going ME I would probably like him more and he'd probably have been able to hone his wrestling skills.

Trust me, if Cena were given like an extra year or so in mid-card before going ME I would probably like him more and he'd probably have been able to hone his wrestling skills.
    An extra year or so? It took him 4 years to win the title. Don't let your thoughts of his recent reigns cloud your judgment into thinking he was another guy like Goldberg, Lesnar or Angle that was practically given the title on his debut.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast