Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    I've seen most of them and I would have to say those are the only near-good/good ones. Three of them utilizing superior superstars(Edge, HBK and HHH) and those being the only good ones, while the Lashley and Khali ones were trash IMO(though Cena did a better job with Khali than Batista) and the Cena vs Umaga matches were better than the Lashley vs Umaga ones mainly I guess because they were flooded with McMahons/bad stipulations on the side. The HBK vs Cena at WM23 was good only because of HBK but the one the night after was one of the best matches I have ever seen. I know Cena has had "some" good matches but why should a person who only has "some" good matches be so hyped and praised by being WWE Champion for more than a year while others who continually put on good matches are not? Trust me, if Cena were given like an extra year or so in mid-card before going ME I would probably like him more and he'd probably have been able to hone his wrestling skills.
    Just because there was another good wrestler in the match does NOT mean that Cena was carried. That seems to be what your doing. You assume Cena is a crap wrestler, so natrually, even though there is no proof that it went down like that, you say that Cena was carried. Someone being carried in a match does not make for a good match. It's obvious, it's painful to watch. Undertaker carried Khali though a fight, but it was still bad. That is what it means to be carried: it's noticably bad, but it's better than the person's normal fights. That is not what happened in any of those Cena fights, with the exception of CENA carrying Khali.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Eventer

All I know is that I'd like for the WWE Champion to have a more diverse movelist, be able to sell moves and NOT botch moves constantly. If Cena had 5 more moves then I'd be more accepting of Cena, if Cena could sell moves I'd be more accepting of Cena and if he didn't mess up his moves constantly or just do them badly then have people cover it up by calling them "modified" then I'd be more accepting. If 4 years resulted in him still doing the crap Cena does most of the time, then I'd say he would need another year or so to get a little better...

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    All I know is that I'd like for the WWE Champion to have a more diverse movelist, be able to sell moves and NOT botch moves constantly. If Cena had 5 more moves then I'd be more accepting of Cena, if Cena could sell moves I'd be more accepting of Cena and if he didn't mess up his moves constantly or just do them badly then have people cover it up by calling them "modified" then I'd be more accepting. If 4 years resulted in him still doing the crap Cena does most of the time, then I'd say he would need another year or so to get a little better...
    They don't call his moves "modified" because he botches them. All of Cena's moves are variation moves. That's how his character is, he makes everything his own. Takes what the normal is and changes it to better fit himself. They have never once called a botched move a "modified" move during Cena's matches. As for not being able to sell moves, that's just not true. At times he has problems selling the effects off a fight, but he always sells the moves themselves well. And, for a moveset, Cena added several moves over this past year. People complained about the "Five moves of death", and he added a few more. Then people keep complaining, even after he has a more diverse set. What you people fail to realize is that VINCE and the WWE staff has final say on peoples movesets. I.E. Cm Punk was forced to pick up an entirely different fighting style upon entering WWE. It's not Cena's fault if he's not allowed to do the moves he can do.

EDIT: A little more than a week with the title, and Orton has already botched an RKO, his SIGNATURE move, and hurt Jeff Hardy.

http://www.uowforums.com/showthread.php?t=112968

Orton just proved that he is already a worse champion than Cena...and, according to your prefering to have a WWE Champion that does not botch moves, once in a week is a bad start for him, so, unless your a hypocrit, you should be anti-Orton now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ring Crew

i think raw ratings wont improve, maybe the product might, but alot of people watch wwe for john cena. its good hbk is back

I think Raw rating must have to prove now i really enjoyed Raw in last few weeks so i would say Raw going better now.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    They don't call his moves "modified" because he botches them. All of Cena's moves are variation moves. That's how his character is, he makes everything his own. Takes what the normal is and changes it to better fit himself. They have never once called a botched move a "modified" move during Cena's matches. As for not being able to sell moves, that's just not true. At times he has problems selling the effects off a fight, but he always sells the moves themselves well. And, for a moveset, Cena added several moves over this past year. People complained about the "Five moves of death", and he added a few more. Then people keep complaining, even after he has a more diverse set. What you people fail to realize is that VINCE and the WWE staff has final say on peoples movesets. I.E. Cm Punk was forced to pick up an entirely different fighting style upon entering WWE. It's not Cena's fault if he's not allowed to do the moves he can do.

EDIT: A little more than a week with the title, and Orton has already botched an RKO, his SIGNATURE move, and hurt Jeff Hardy.

http://www.uowforums.com/showthread.php?t=112968

Orton just proved that he is already a worse champion than Cena...and, according to your prefering to have a WWE Champion that does not botch moves, once in a week is a bad start for him, so, unless your a hypocrit, you should be anti-Orton now.
    You're right, I am upset at how Orton is behaving as WWE Champion. He now has the main event people doing stuff in the middle of the show, botching moves, generally having the crowd not too excited or give a heated response like Edge does etc. And right now, I'm going to say that Cena IS a better champion that Orton but Cena is still not a good in my book for WWE Championship.

On the bench!

hey i like john cena

Mid-carder

all of you anti-Cena fans out there have been saying give it to orton he's so much better now he has the championship and it is turning in to a joke of a title reign just like hid first one. One thing you have to remeber when complaning about the top guy is he has all the stress of geting ready each night and he has to carry the company and few recently have been a great sucesses at that and Cena is one of them. He made the money and didn't bitch about time off he proformed constantly, made a move, did online stuff for his fan, made tv apperaces on other shows and sold shows. As for raw Orton can't carry it and I think he has a lot of talent but it takes more than that to be the top superstar. Some yunger talent should get pushes. Lets just hope they can step up more than just their game

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

^ Also u for got to add, Cena would still be doing all that if he didn't get injured and possible still champ.

RIP JC

After reading bits of this lengthy thread that took my noticed i have a few things to say:

1) MVP will never be in a WWE Film lmao. That would be worse than the Condemned and the Marine put together and that's saying something.

2) Cena's technical abilities are acceptable but i mean it felt like he was champion for 2 decades and not years. Every match the other guy (whether big guys like Khali, Umaga or similarly styled guys like Michaels and Edge) would carry Cena through the whole match and then he would come back at the end with his 5 moves of death and that would be it. He is overall a fantastic asset for WWE (taking into account the merchandising sales and mike work + the obvious ratings) but it was just the title reign and it's length that got to me.

3) ECW is the worst wrestling brand of all time. KILLED is the word that comes to mind and McMahon should be doing time for that mistake. It has just turned into a jazzed up form of OVW.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast